Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
 41% (5 Votes)
Yes, he broke the laws and should resign quickly.
 8% (1 Vote)
Yes, he broke the laws but should be impeached first.
 8% (1 Vote)
Yes, he broke several laws, but he's a minority.
 25% (3 Votes)
Yes, he should resign and publically apologise.
 16% (2 Votes)
Yes, he did nothing wrong, but should still resign.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
Let's get em all....

Bush, Cheney, Conyers, DeLay
No. of Recommendations: 5
Is this the scandal of which you refer?

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060302/NEWS01/603020473

Three former aides to U.S. Rep. John Conyers say the longtime Detroit congressman made them act as personal gofers and valets while they were supposed to be working in his Detroit-area offices.

Looks pretty serious. Like accepting bribes, huh? Or like lying to send the United States to war? Or like awarding massive multi-multi billion dollar no-bid contracts to cronies.

This looks like a very serious matter. Possibly even worse than a BJ from an intern.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Interesting that you chose a black Congressman as your focus? But you haven't targetted whites.

Interesting that you chose a Democratic Congressman. But you haven't targeted Republicans.

Interesting you chose someone from Michigan. But not from Florida.

Why do you hate blacks, Democrats, and Michiganders?
No. of Recommendations: 3
Interesting that you chose a black Congressman as your focus? But you haven't targetted whites.

Interesting that you chose a Democratic Congressman. But you haven't targeted Republicans.

Interesting you chose someone from Michigan. But not from Florida.

It's also interesting that he chose the Congressman that has been the most vocal and active in trying to impeach Bush... who appears to be ripe for such treatment himself.

Why do you bring the other nonsense in to deflect from that?
He like Bush broke the law.
They should both resign.

Bush should also be brought to court after his resignation on charges of treason and war crimes.

Glad to see you agree tgrman.

Mish
"He like Bush broke the law.
They should both resign.
Bush should also be brought to court after his resignation on charges of treason and war crimes.

Glad to see you agree tgrman." Mish
---------------------------------------------------------------

Well I would if, anyone, even one person, would cite one law that would trigger a high crimes or misdemeanor indictment and trial of Bush.

I've read the news accounts on Conyers, campaign staffers made to perform illegal work on taxpayer's money, etc, but so far, you haven't provided anything concrete on Bush.

Keep trying though, you might finally find something to base you thinking on...

It's also interesting that he chose the Congressman that has been the most vocal and active in trying to impeach Bush... who appears to be ripe for such treatment himself.

I know you're going to think its a silly nit, but Congressmen are not impeached.

Oh, I dunno, maybe because it is typical of his response style, directed at me and others. So if he wants to root around at that level of nonsense, then that's apparently the only kind of response he'll get.
No. of Recommendations: 2

I know you're going to think its a silly nit, but Congressmen are not impeached.

Then perhaps that would have been a better argument than the silliness you offered.

Oh, I dunno, maybe because it is typical of his response style, directed at me and others. So if he wants to root around at that level of nonsense, then that's apparently the only kind of response he'll get.

It's someone else's fault that you post nonsense?

Did I say my post was someone else's fault? I think you'd digging in bedrock for this minor point.

Did I say my post was someone else's fault?

You tell me...

Oh, I dunno, maybe because it is typical of his response style...
You're right. He made me do it. I was powerless. Victim of my own inability to choose the words I write, the thoughts I have, the views I hold. Subject to a greater power that moves my fingers unwillingly across the keyboard. You're right, it was his fault. Thank you for acknowledging that I have no responsibility for my thoughts or actions.

How do you suggest I gain control over this alien force that is robbing me of my will, my life, my discretion, my better judgement (ok, maybe there's none to steal, but there could be), how? how? how?
No. of Recommendations: 2

got that all from a simple poll did you?? Thanks for shedding some light into how some of the conclusions around here are generated...
You're right. He made me do it. I was powerless. Victim of my own inability to choose the words I write, the thoughts I have, the views I hold. Subject to a greater power that moves my fingers unwillingly across the keyboard. You're right, it was his fault. Thank you for acknowledging that I have no responsibility for my thoughts or actions.

How do you suggest I gain control over this alien force that is robbing me of my will, my life, my discretion, my better judgement (ok, maybe there's none to steal, but there could be), how? how? how?

easy, learn to accept responsibility for your actions... I realize that being a supporter of the Dem party and their message that "its the governments fault your life is all screwed up", but that mentality can be overcome.

My kids already understand the concept of personal responsibility. If they can get it, with a little effort, you should be able to also...

ot that all from a simple poll did you?? Thanks for shedding some light into how some of the conclusions around here are generated...

keep searching; you'll get a clue one of these days...
easy, learn to accept responsibility for your actions.

coming from you. That's a hoot!

I realize that being a supporter of the Dem party and their message that "its the governments fault your life is all screwed up", but that mentality can be overcome.

Well, if that's what you teach your kids, they'll really be clueless, and as driven by blind bias as you apparently are.

They are stealing your slack.

The Church of Bob has an answer for you.

Anybody want to get laid?
Well I would if, anyone, even one person, would cite one law that would trigger a high crimes or misdemeanor indictment and trial of Bush.

That is easy enough.

War crimes
Crimes against humanity
Deliberate lies to Congress to start a war on false pretense
Illegal wire tapping in violation of the constitution

Take your pick
There are 4 of them
Probably a lot more actually but those will do
The one most likely to stick would be illegal wire tapping

Now, the point of impeachment is not to provide something concrete.
That is the point of the trial.
The accusations are fully 100% with merit

So are you going to prove yourself to be a liar or are you going to ask for a trial citing any one of 4 possible reasons?

I predict you will prove to be a liar.
I will of course apologize should I be wrong.

Now are you going to be a liar or are you asking for an investigation (impeachment hearings)on the charges I laid out?

Mish

Bob Dobbs?
"Well I would if, anyone, even one person, would cite one law that would trigger a high crimes or misdemeanor indictment(s) and trial of Bush."
----------------------------------------------

"That is easy enough...."

We'll see..."

"...
War crimes
Crimes against humanity
Deliberate lies to Congress to start a war on false pretense
Illegal wire tapping in violation of the constitution

Take your pick
There are 4 of them
The one most likely to stick would be illegal wire tapping

Now, the point of impeachment is not to provide something concrete.
That is the point of the trial.
The accusations are fully 100% with merit...."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well, still more highly generalised spewed invectives, and still nothing of substance.

Try a search on U.S.C. and then add after that some of your invectives like 'war crimes' or 'ill eagle wiretapping'...

I take it you haven't familiarised yourself at all with the American process of making a charge, presenting actual evidence to support your charge(s) and then seeking an indictment.

If you are a citizen with evidence, you go to the authorities, local, state or federal. Local district attorneys for local and state crimes, the state Attorney General for that jurisdiction, and for federal law viloations, the agency directly in charge of those investigations like FBI, Customs, Druggies, or the federal prosecutor for that area.

They'll all be listed in the front or government section of your phone book. Let me know if you still need help finding the right agency or office and reporting all of these 'crimes'.

A grand jury, judge or an actual Congressional impeachment procedure will demand at least that you provide one specific example and a cite of the law(s) you allege to have been broken.

So, are you going to just continue to spew these tired and unsubstantiated invectives or are you going to pony up some, any, even one charge, the law along with your concrete and specific details of this one person's(Bush's) direct action(s) in violation of that example?

Is it just me or does this seem like a kid that can't focus on his homework assignment..
-------------

"...Take your pick
There are 4 of them
The one most likely to stick would be illegal wire tapping..."

Ok, here's your 'BIG' one...

Who specifically did Bush order to start ANY 'illegally wiretap', who was/were the target(s) of these alleged taps(EVEN ONE FOR AN EXAMPLE!) and who did the actual 'illegal tapping', where did they do the 'illegal tapping' from, where is the recorded 'evidence' of the illegal tapping'...

Have you got ANYTHING to bring to the table, even one thin piece od evidence of any I mentioned or didn't mention?

And please, don't just C&P the American Communists' liberation Union newspaper story on their phishing lawsuits.

BONUS!: Name the NSA's American Warriors who 'unwittingly' or 'ignorantly' just went along with the Bush 'illegal wiretapping' production requests.

"...So are you going to prove yourself to be a liar or are you going to ask for a trial citing any one of 4 possible reasons?

I predict you will prove to be a liar.
I will of course apologize should I be wrong."

------------------------------

Better polish up that crystal ball sport.

Good luck.

I realize that being a supporter of the Dem party and their message that "its the governments fault your life is all screwed up", but that mentality can be overcome.

Well, if that's what you teach your kids, they'll really be clueless, and as driven by blind bias as you apparently are.

so you are saying, its NOT the governments responsibility to take care of us? Then why is that being promoted? Why is there a push on for "health care" programs, why are social programs being expanded, why does the government pay out tax dollars for those that build their homes in areas of "concern"? Just to name a few...

why is it the DEMs mantra of, trust us, we will take care of you? What was it hillary just said about its essential government take care of you???

see my kids are getting taught NOT to rely on anyone else if they can possibly help it. Why? its self explanatory..
Bob Dobbs?

you bet.

I think he's dead but I'm not sure.
Conyers is as corrupt as the day is long. The only reason he's still in office is because Detroit voters love corrupt politicians.

Mike, metro-Detroiter
You are intellectually dishonest.

First you assert as a basic political truth: "the Dem party and their message that "its the governments fault your life is all screwed up."

Then you write "so you are saying, its NOT the governments responsibility to take care of us?

And attack me for that.

Your first statement is a patent lie. No one claims that the Democratic Party believes the government is a priori responsible for screwing up their lives. Actually, it is selfish people like you who reject any ideas of collective endeavor and who rail about how horrible government is, how it tramples on your right to trample on others, to steal, to swindle, or to live your life as you choose is, and how its taxation is virtual theft by the unworthy, the undeserving, the unAmerican.

Your second statement is also a falsehood. This nation is a compact, a contract. We, the people, get to set the conditions for how we all live together. You think it is ok for one group of people to deny me the ability to get health care. You think it is ok for them to charge me 25% of my income to provide me with incomplete, partial health insurance coverage. You think it is ok for other groups of people to poison the air I breathe so they can make extra profit. You support politicians who routinely see nothing wrong in providing tax breaks to their friends, not in any national or economic or social interest, but purely so they can avoid paying taxes -- excuse me, their fair share of the governmental infrastructure that they benefit from.

You teach your kids to believe in some kind of fairy tale of bucolic, misty-eyed self-reliance, which is so unrealistic as to be laughable, if it weren't so mispreparing them for the truth of reality.

Frankly, the reason that national health care is discussed is because the private sector has failed to do the job. They have failed to provide an essential service which laissez-faire economists say will be best provided by the free market economy. Well, the reason this country is as great and as wealthy and as prosperous as it is, and you are allowed the infantile luxury of thinking your success is solely your doing, is because this country has curbed the greed, avarice, insensitivity, selfishness, and lack of public concsiousness that is inherent in any unregulated economic activity, and we've done so for 70 years now.

I used to hope that another Great Depression wasn't possible with the reforms that have been enacted, and I'm pretty confident that so long as those reforms stay, it won't. But you folk, with your blind, irrational, and uncompromising hatred of all things governmental, pose a real threat to that in the long term.

Then your kids can laugh their way to the breadlines and thank their dad for killing the goose that laid the golden egg. Self-reliance and community/country commitment are not opposing ideals, unless you choose to make them so.

No wonder I P-Boxed you.

Bob's a pretty smart guy. Here are some of his top quotes from Wikipedia:

* "Try Summum. I'm down with mastubatory pleasure."

* "You'll PAY to know what you really think."

* "They may be Pink, but their money's still green!"

* "You know how dumb the average person is? Well, by definition, half of 'em are even dumber than THAT."

* "I'd like my monkey brains well done."

* "You don't use your mind to think about your religion."

* "Pull off your pants, and ROLL AROUND IN YOUR MISTAKES. Then send me your life savings."