Feel free to include both posts and any quality non-GG reports
Don't include any NON-GG analysis reports
Leave out the NTAP report from FAQ, keep the BRCD report
Leave out the BRCD report from FAQ, keep the NTAP report
Leave out entirely the GG analyses list from the FAQ

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 10
Since both posts in question present excellent analysis of SAN vs. NAS and BRCD, they should be part of the FAQ.

This may be a GG board, but I would be surprised and disappointed if we did not recognize the two Fools' work.

Part of why we developed a FAQ in the first place is to recognize hard work from the community. Many other boards would love to have analysis like what was and is continued to be presented here.

To ignore quality work because it is not perfectly in line with a board's thinking would be very discourging to the original posters - both of whom might not feel encouraged to present further detailed analysis of the companies.

I think that would be a great loss to the board. I come here for information and to learn about companies.

I would be saddened to see such great posts not given the reward and recognition that they richly deserve.

My 2 cents,

Steve

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hello,

First of all a great Thank you! for the excellent FAQ.
The point with NTAP vs. EMC is that you'll almost never get a unbiased report, expecially from the "pure" NTAP supporters (shareholders) :-).
They are both great companies and even if the NTAP technology looks somehow disruptive to SAN, SAN still has a lot of growth for the next years. But I think the report is still worth to be referenced in the FAQ.

Efti
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello GGers:

The board has spoken!
Here are the results of the poll concerning inclusion of non-GG analyses in the FAQ:
76% (41 Votes)
Feel free to include both posts and any quality non-GG reports
20% (11 Votes)
Don't include any NON-GG analysis reports
4% (2 Votes)
Leave out the NTAP report from FAQ, keep the BRCD report
0% (0 Votes)
Leave out the BRCD report from FAQ, keep the NTAP report
0% (0 Votes)
Leave out entirely the GG analyses list from the FAQ

I will do as mandated. Thanks for voting in the poll.

My next post will be version 1.1 of the FAQ (versions 1.01 to 1.09 were internal versions that never made it to market).

Improvements include:
-Better readability without that annoying scrolling
-Updated GG analyses section
-Inclusion of the corley1 Atari debate
-Expanded tornado recognition section

Please note:
No animals were killed or tortured in the making of this FAQ, though Gorillas are held in captivity.

-xerohype