Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
What will you be watching/doing tonight?
Ryan/Biden Debate
MLB playoffs
NFL/college football
something else
the debate in my pants

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
I'll be watching The Big Bang Theory, Two and Half Men on CBS, and Vampire Diaries on the CW. If the debate pre-empts my CBS shows I'll watch them later On Demand. Then I'll watch The Vampire Diaries on the CW. After they are over I might flip over to the Food Network and watch Chopped.

Art
I'm going to watch NCIS from Tuesday on Hulu. And maybe an episode of Nero Wolfe, if DH is interested. I'll follow the debate on twitter and blogs, and watch stuff tomorrow if there is anything good. I don't like to watch stuff that might become confrontational or embarrassing for someone. I don't like surprises. Sort of like watching high wire acts.

arrete
I'll be watching the debate and the Yankees

The group I meet with each morning will be discussing both in the morning
A quick political note:

Interestingly, the group has two components an early group and then a larger wander in. The wander in is about 70 percent woman, the early group is entirely male

The early group is 100 percent anti-Obama including the two Democrats(oddly enough both teachers) the wander in group all the women save 1 are Democrat and most still support Obama, but that has gotten progressively less strident-- the Obama group is also far younger than the other group.
I'll watch the debate for a while.....till it gets monotonous with Biden blabbing away on 'saved jobs' and 'rescuing the auto industry' and 'war on women'..and 'tax cuts for the rich'......

Probably the only things he'll talk about beside Big Bird....

t.
I'll watch the debate for a while.....till it gets monotonous with Biden blabbing away on 'saved jobs' and 'rescuing the auto industry' and 'war on women'..and 'tax cuts for the rich'......

Probably the only things he'll talk about beside Big Bird....
______________________________________________________-

When he break out the family videos, I'll turn it off too.

PErsonally, I get a real kick out of the post debate spin, I watch really just so I can enjoy that.

There is usually no connection between what I saw and what anyone on the post debate (left or right) actually say. It is actually quite entertaining just enjoying how they spin what you just saw.
PErsonally, I get a real kick out of the post debate spin, I watch really just so I can enjoy that.
------------------------------------------------
Ryan lied!
------------------------------------------------
Ryan lied!

You obviously miss the beauty of the farce

The part I enjoy is why Biden was actually a genius to say this although he was using nothing but platitudes all night long

Then the gnarling of teeth that Ryan did not provide enough hard data although Biden was uncertain of his hat size.

Then the other side will claim that Ryan provided all the detail that was imaginable and answered everything anyone could want to know, when all he did was spout a tale of following a standard conservative policy and assume its' natural result.

Then one side will claim it was so conservative that the Tea Party will be voting liberal this year to get away from the Christian haters and the other side will say there was nothing there to excite the base and Ryan should have been more conservative.

I just wish they could put them all in one room, and Rachel Maddow could attack the cripple Krauthammer until the mainstream Van Sustern has had enough and kicks her butt for being an obnoxious twit. Then they could focus on Joe Scarborough standing in the corner doing a half and half impersonation with half his body in woman's clothing and watch him coming on to himself.
I voted I'm watching it, but I'll dvr it and watch it when I get home after my oldest grandson finishes his soccer game. It's a hoot watching those kids run around, not really knowing what to do. The 5 year olds get it, but the 4 year olds like my grandson? Not so much. He is fast and aggressive but he forgets what he's supposed to do every time the whistle blows. DW and I laugh a lot while DD (his very competative mom who played college basketball) is yelling at him to pay attention. <g>

decath
No. of Recommendations: 1
how 'bout maybe......I still haven't watched O and Romney debate yet...seen snippets of it. I'm getting pretty sick of the ineptitude of the O administration......the country is going to hell in a handbasket while he diddles away precious time.

LD
I just wish they could put them all in one room, and Rachel Maddow could attack the cripple Krauthammer - lowstudent

--------------

Until this post, I never knew Krauthammer was paralyzed. I have seen him plenty of times on TV and noticed his stiff appearance but never suspected he was paralyzed. I did some googling and learned about his history. What a story of overcoming adversity. salute.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Until this post, I never knew Krauthammer was paralyzed.

The first time I saw him on TV and listened to him speak, I noticed he speech/breathing pattern. Within a minute I suspected he was paralyzed. It is a very typical breathing pattern of high spinal chord injuries, or at least in my experience.

And yes, a great story of overcoming adversity.

JLC
I just wish they could put them all in one room, and Rachel Maddow could attack the cripple Krauthammer until the mainstream Van Sustern has had enough and kicks her butt for being an obnoxious twit. Then they could focus on Joe Scarborough standing in the corner doing a half and half impersonation with half his body in woman's clothing and watch him coming on to himself.

That would make for an interesting SNL skit. <grin>
I think a more interesting poll would be "What are you wearing tonght?" Or maybe not.

--fleg
I think a more interesting poll would be "What are you wearing tonght?" Or maybe not.
---------------

Well, tonight I'm wearing jeans, my Romney/Ryan t-shirt, and old Ugg slippers. Making salmon, Thai coconut chicken soup, acorn squash in bacon fat (with bacon, of course), asparagus, and tomato-mozzarella salad on romaine with a sherry vinegar vinaigrette. Served with a nice muscadet.

arrete
---------------

Well, tonight I'm wearing jeans, my Romney/Ryan t-shirt, and old Ugg slippers. Making salmon, Thai coconut chicken soup, acorn squash in bacon fat (with bacon, of course), asparagus, and tomato-mozzarella salad on romaine with a sherry vinegar vinaigrette. Served with a nice muscadet.

arrete
--------------------
I'm wearing khaki Timberland© shorts and a Toronto Maple Leafs© t-shirt. My wife said she's making me macaroni and cheese with hotdogs cut up in it for dinner, and soon she's making smoothies and i'm pouring Canadian Club in it.

Don't be jealous people <g>.

arrete

Well, I am wearing what I always wear, whatever my wife gave me in the morning, too lazy to look down and see what it is <grin>

But the Mozzerealla got my attention, my wife just got back from the Italian Store(nice pork store/salumeria) she bought home a nice fresh mozzeralla they make them on site

I just enjoyed the living heck out of slicing up a nice ole Beefsteak from the garden, and eating it with the mozzerella with the milk running down the sides as I bit into it -- just the right slightly grainy yet smooth texture with the right amount of lightly salted goodness

dang that was good
I'm wearing khaki Timberland© shorts and a Toronto Maple Leafs© t-shirt. My wife said she's making me macaroni and cheese with hotdogs cut up in it for dinner, and soon she's making smoothies and i'm pouring Canadian Club in it.

Don't be jealous people <g>.

I wonder what decath's barley grass juice would taste like with Canadian Club in it? Care to experiment and report back? <grin>
I wonder what decath's barley grass juice would taste like with Canadian Club in it? Care to experiment and report back? <grin>
------------------------------------------------------------
It would definitely need alot of Canadian Club in it <g>.