Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
His behavior is predictable at times, but I don't think this is one of those times. So....over the next few weeks will he
 67% (21 Votes)
do something more outrageous than usual?
 32% (10 Votes)
just play some golf and whine about the election?
 0% (0 Votes)
finally start acting like a rational human being?
Print the post Back To Top
Let's start with option 3. Can you IMAGINE Trump acting like a grown-up?
Accepting the results of the election? Working with Biden and Harris to deal with the horrible problems we're facing?

Nahhhhh....ain't gonna happen.

Middle option: golf and whining. He's done plenty of both. Sooner or later something will wake him out of his stupor. I don't know what that will be....because 12 million coronavirus cases and a rising death toll in all 50 states don't seem to faze him. He'll whine and golf until....
maybe until it gets through his thick skull that January 20th is coming.

I feel Mount Trump about to erupt. What will it do? I can't imagine. This is, unfortunately, still the President of the United States. I'll leave others to speculate about what horrors Trump can bring upon us. But I just have a terrible feeling that they are coming.
I hope somebunny (Javanka? Mnuchin? Melania & Barron?) can talk him down from fomenting civil war, bombing something/someone/somewhere, arresting/assassinating leading Democrats...
I hope his dr is handy with sedatives & happy pills.
I hope big dudes in white coats are waiting in the wings just in case.
Keep his suite ready at Walter Reed in case of implosion instead of explosion.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Is it too negative to hope he decides to take his own life (and not any of ours, altho' if he wants to take Junior and Eric with him I wouldn't mourn) before January 20? After all, there are no reported POTUS suicides of which I am aware and he'll have that in the record books, I think, for a long, long time.

Ken
No. of Recommendations: 2
Maybe I'm being overly optomistic, but I think he's too lazy to actually do anything beyond rage-tweeting and firing his own appointees.
Maybe I'm being overly optomistic, but I think he's too lazy to actually do anything beyond rage-tweeting and firing his own appointees.

Vengeance is a dish best served cold. And it is a powerful motivator.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Vengeance is a dish best served cold. And it is a powerful motivator.

The value of his alleged fortune will fall dramatically as everybody tells him to go <blankety blank> himself. They do NOT need to give him their business any more, etc. THAT "dish" will be ongoing for him. Nobody has to *do* anything--because they no longer NEED his "favor" for anything. His value as a former President will be less than zero--forever. An incompetent who *never* learned how to do ANYTHING right.
His value as a former President will be less than zero--forever.

Another example of him being unlike other politicians.
Well, I'm happy to see that while Trump is clearly a loony, so far nobody here has given the crazy opinion that he is going to change for the better.

By about a 2 to 1 margin, respondents are expecting Trump to outdo himself in the outrage department. I agree totally.

But what sorts of outrage can we expect? The most obvious target is the election. So far, Trump has failed to muster up much of a threat to the outcome. But I don't think he'll stop trying. At this point, anything he does would be outrageous. The courts have ruled that he's a gonner.

So I suppose that revenge will be his main effort. He's been firing people and more importantly, refusing to cooperate with the transition. Now THAT is a huge OUTRAGE. Maybe the Biden team will do something that will provoke Trump so that he moves from passive aggression to active aggression. I hope so. I hope that he screws up so badly that the majority of Republicans stand up to him....FINALLY.

Trump, by nature, is unpredictable. I think that's the result of the fact that even HE doesn't know what he's going to do next.

But watching this show is like pulling off a bandage ever so slowly. It's torture.

C'mon Donnie boy! Man up. Do something SO outrageous that you finally get thrown into the trash heap where you belong.
But what sorts of outrage can we expect?

I would expect sabotage of some sort.

We've seen structural sabotage throughout the course of Trump's term - the undermining of the administrative state through the appointment of catastrophically unqualified cronies to cabinet positions, the gutting of career positions in key agencies, and the packing of the judiciary with lifetime appointments by similarly unqualified legal hacks that are nothing more than a doorstop to let in undue influence decades after Trump has been shown the door.

We've seen more overt attempts at actual sabotage through the subversion of public lands; the attempt to fast-track leases for ANWR drilling, the opening of selected national forests to logging and other exploitation, and the withdrawl from international treaties that threaten longstanding US alliances and, by extension, the actual physical security of the US.

I expect an escalation of all of the above. Almost on cue comes Trump's announcement of the US withdrawl from Open Skies. In normal times this would signal a worrisome escalation of tensions between the US and Russia; under Trump's leadership one almost hopes that there is some US-Moscow backdoor collusion going on that minimizes the possibility of any actual threat. Of course, it could also be the opening act of a staged conflict between the superpowers that would give Trump the excuse to exercise Presidential powers, invoking martial law in a final bid to stop the transition of power by ceasing the progress of civil leadership altogether. I imagine both Putin and Trump would be down with that.

The bulwark of democracy has held up this far. Let's hope it continues to hold through January.
WILL Trump crack up? Seems to me he did that a long time ago! He started out as just a narcissist and went downward.

Vermonter