Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 29
We shouldn't be surprised, but the Trump administration is really leaving a stench on their way out.

I just don't think there is any precedent of widespread open criticism of the outgoing administration for the incoming team like this:

"I know some of these folks, they took a very different view, they lived in a bit of a fantasy world,” Pompeo said in an interview with Fox News anchor Bret Baier. “They led from behind, they appeased. I hope they will choose a different course.”

Biden’s picks so far for his national security and foreign policy teams are mostly people who held senior positions in the Obama administration. The president-elect selected Antony Blinken, one of his longtime advisers who also held senior foreign policy posts during the Obama years, as his secretary of State.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fantasy-world-pompeo-knocks-biden...

It should also be noted that Trump's foreign policy has been terrible. China and Russia are stronger, Iran and North Korea have advanced their nuclear programs. NATO is weaker. Trust with our allies is damaged for many years to come.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
"They appeased"

Oh, that's rich! He's describing trump and Putin, trump and Duterte, trump and MBS.

The leaders trump fights are our allies in Europe, Asia, even North America!
No. of Recommendations: 2
"I know some of these folks, they took a very different view, they lived in a bit of a fantasy world”

seen online:

Mike Pompeo said that the transition to a second Trump administration would be seamless. Who lives in a fantasy world?

alstro adds:

He also believes in the Rapture and other CHristofascist delusions.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Comments like those of Pompeo, Trump, and others on Team Trump only make sense when they are understood as pure projection.
No. of Recommendations: 0
It should also be noted that Trump's foreign policy has been terrible. China and Russia are stronger, Iran and North Korea have advanced their nuclear programs. NATO is weaker. Trust with our allies is damaged for many years to come.

There you go, spouting those crazy facts again. We have no place for them in our post-truth world. ;-)

regards,
Kris
No. of Recommendations: 8

Absolutely true. Trump has been an unmitigated disaster for US foreign policy.
No. of Recommendations: 1
“They led from behind..."

That's Trump's Coronavirus leadership; let the governors go find their own equipment.
Famously quipping, "I'm not responsible"

Recently Trump was saying we don't need a vaccine, just let the coronavirus run its course

"even without the vaccine, the pandemic's going to end. It's gonna run its course. It's gonna end."
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-covid-disappear-fauci-virus-n...

The do-nothing president

2,000 people died yesterday running the coronavirus course