Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
PoorMelissa,

Please don't think that you only have "2" months to wait until you receive documentation that you are in the drip programs. I had money automatically withdrawn from my account at the end of August (this year) and Moneypaper purchased my stock the first week of September. I have not received any documentation that I am in the program yet. As much as the company "Moneypaper" gets pumped up around here, I still wonder if I'll ever get those documents. I think a fair assumption would be that you wont receive anything for another 3-4 months.

Moneypaper says "Enrollment usually takes 4 to 6 weeks from the closing date for orders that month." on their website.
(http://208.211.164.187/moneypaper/enrollment/morebenefit.cfm)
Unfortunately this is statement is NOT true. The truth is that it takes much more time than that to achieve enrollent. Moneypaper should change these numbers so their customers do not become upset with their service. People like the truth. If Moneypaper were a little more upfront about how long it actually takes I think their customers would be less likely to go on a very popular discussion board and complain about their services. But hey, who cares about the customer. I don't care how much people pump up Moneypaper on here, it doesn't make your documents come any faster. I bet the same people that are pumping the company up now were complaining about it when they first started using them.

I think this slowness problem could be solved if these companies would all offer direct stock purchase programs. It is kind of ridiculous that they make us go so far out of the way just to "GIVE" them our hard earned money. I can't see how a company can justify requiring a person to own one share of the company stock to enroll in their drip program. The only thing I can think of as to why these companies do not offer direct stock programs is due to laziness. I can't see how us owning one share before enrolling in their programs makes their life any easier. And it sure the heck isn't making our life any easier.

I hope I gave you a little bit more comfort as to what to expect with your new purchases. It is definately a long and grueling wait.

Disclosure: I have no relationship with MP/TOT beyond being a recent first time client of their services.

P.S. I hope I get my enrollment conformations before you do *wink*
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.