Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Wenatchee High School in Washington State is using these Pop-Up pods for band, choir and wind ensemble as students return to classrooms.

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/wenatchee-band?phrase=wen...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
It could get pretty damp in there.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Our two teenage boys have been in band class daily since October (trombone/bass guitar and trumpet).

We had one band concert last week, another this week. Each did a Christmas concert.

No issues. There's been a handful of COVID cases at each school. No hospitalizations that I know of.

All the teachers who want the vaccine have now had their two doses.
All the teachers who want the vaccine have now had their two doses.

What state/city?
MA Gov. Baker announced I think last week that teachers are now prioritized. My son the teacher would love to get vaccinated, but has been unable to get an appointment yet even though he's willing to miss an hour or two of teaching to do so.
<<All the teachers who want the vaccine have now had their two doses.>>

What state/city?

'Burbs of Cincinnati, OH.

Our schools closed for two Fridays (Feb 5, 26). The teachers and support staff were vaccinated at the high school.

Teacher friend in S. CA just got his first. Prof friend in N. CA got his two appointments, March 7, April 5.

We're making progress.
That's awesome. I'm not sure everybody realizes how many people teachers are exposed to every day at school. DS teaches middle school and is in the same room or hallway with dozens of others every day (except Wednesdays when everyone does distance learning). And with his work hours, he needs to shop when stores are busy. Instead of showering before going into school as he used to, he showers after he gets home to "wash off the covid."
I add that several teachers in his school have caught covid (no deaths, but some hospitalizations), and quite a few family members of students, too.
No. of Recommendations: 2
DS teaches middle school and is in the same room or hallway with dozens of others every day (except Wednesdays when everyone does distance learning). And with his work hours, he needs to shop when stores are busy. Instead of showering before going into school as he used to, he showers after he gets home to "wash off the covid."

A buddy of mind was a teacher in a most retrograde part of the state and had to quit a few years ago because of all the disease passing through. He’s in fragile health and his doctor(s) told him he had to quit. “It’s like a living germ laboratory” they said, and they were (and are) right.

Schools should not be reopened until teachers can get vaccinated, and they should be moved up on the priority list to be eligible now.
DS's GF with whom he lives, also a teacher, took a year's leave of absence. DS really doesn't want to bring covid home to her. She isn't just hanging out--she opened an Etsy store and sells homemade art & craft items from upcycled fabrics.