Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
(oops, I think I sent this without the message, here it is, a second attempt).

I posted part of this message before, but it was within the context of a reply to another thread and I wasnt sure if it got out to the regular readers.

I am looking to get feedback on a possible portfolio for a taxable account I have.

Right now it consists of two annual screens, started in December, Peg 1-4 and Key EPS 1-4 which began with ~$2000 per stock, and a monthly Peg Overlap 1-3 with currently about ~$5,000 per stock. This is not the entire taxable account, actually it is about half, the rest is in LTBH picks (so, the whole account is worth about $60,000 right now, after this recent week of fun.)

I am thinking about changing my monthly to a dual quarterly with RS 26 1-4 and PEG 13 1-4, ie two quarterly screens done at alternating months. This would have my mechanical strategies in the following configuration:

26% Peg 1-4 annual
26% KeyEPS 1-4 annual
24% RS 26 1-4 quarterly
24% PEG 13, 1-4 quarterly

I want to do this because a. I would like to have both peg and rs screens that are short term holds and b. I want to strike a balance with decreasing the bite that commisions make relative to my purchases and having a diversified portfolio focused on growth without being overly emotional about it all.

I am 30 yr old and would like to see if I can average 30+% annual return over the next 10 years or so.

I'd be happy to hear what people think about this.

Greg

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.