Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I opened a traditional IRA for both my wife and myself 3 years ago and have contributed the max each year. Because of my MAGI I was not able to open a Roth. I was also covered under a company 401K during those years and even though I could not contribute as much as I wanted due to Highly compensated employee restrictions, I was unable to contribute to the IRA in a tax advantaged way. So my contributions were post tax.

Is there a way to somehow, even a few years down the road, get a tax advantage from these contributions?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.