Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Posters on Saul's Board discuss value frequently in the context of a specific company. As in "here are the numbers, FCF, margins of ZM etc etc here is my analysis of the TAM, here is why I decided to buy or not buy the stock at this time".

Those are metrics, not valuation in the traditional sense. One interesting example are the very high gross margins which have less meaning (value?) than gross margin in "asset heavy" business. It's an accounting quirk! As explained by David Skok, the cost of client acquisition is the major cash expenditure but it does not go into cost of good sold, instead it is an expense that goes into "Selling General and Administrative" SG&A. They should be looking at Operating Margins.

Or you can bang your head against the wall. It's your head.

There is no need for you to be rude.

So if you want to have that talk about value on Sauls Board, try posting about a specific company, bring some numbers and then talk about why you are in or not it at the current stock price. Your post won't get deleted.

I absolutely respect Saul to run his board any way he wishes. I skim the board but I very seldom post there anymore.

Denny Schlesinger
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.