Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
PPL Corporation (stock ticker PPL) is doing quite well as far as profitability is concerned. All financials are publicly available. The following two entities were spun off in a deal several years ago; were public (ticker TLN) first but are currently private:
PPL ENERGY SUPPLY LLC
TALEN ENERGY SUPPLY LLC

I originally thought that PPL Energy Supply LLC = PPL Corp. Wrong. Talen Energy is the owner and hides its financials. Web site registration is required to access any financial information and either has a long wait or is just ignored by Talen. Their debt is rated in the CCC's. Wonder why financials are not out in the open if debt can be purchased by the public? Evidently that's allowed since equity is not public? Anyway, need to be careful with Talen's bond issues.

If anyone has insight as to how well Talen Energy is doing as of 2020-2021 please post here. I'll see if I can't dig something up via a call to investor relations...

P.S. URL: https://talenenergy.investorroom.com.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.