Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 87
Yesterday evening my 17-year old daughter collapsed on the kitchen floor and went into cardiac arrest. I did CPR until the paramedics arrived and they took over. They had to shock her 2 times to get her heartbeating properly. They took her to the ER at our local hospital where they evaluated her, still unconscious, and they decided to send her to Loma Linda Children's Hospital. They air-lifted her down and they got her settled in.

Later they were transferring her from the pediatric ICU to the Pediatric Cardiology unit and she went into arrest and had to be shocked 2 more times. She still has not regained consciousness.

In the very short term the concern is that she survives any further arrests.

The next concern is that she not have suffered any brain damage due to lack of oxygen to the brain.

In the longer term she will likely need an implanted defibrillator.

Along with her mother and her sister she is one of the three lights of my life. Please pray for her and for us.

God bless,

Rich
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.