Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Question: I am a retiree and have a 401K plan with former employer that I wish to convert to an IRA. The 401K has both pre-tax and after-tax money.

Can both the pre-tax and after tax 401K monies be invested(roll-over)in to separate IRA's with a broker as a Custodian?

Would the after tax 401K money in effect be then similar to a ROTH IRA, being that it is taxed money?

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.