Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/bayer-s-tumor-agnostic-c...

So I want to be a firm believer that eventually cancer will treated based on molecular/genetic signatures (ie, BRCA+ or ALK+, etc - also known as tumor agnostic) rather than guessed origin (lung, pancreatic, etc). LOXO and BPMC are leading this charge, and have some great dats to back this up. Frankly, tumor agnostic approaches were alot of my investing thesis for LOXO and BPMC.

Sadly, a few EU countries have declined to pay for LOXOs tumor agnostic approach. I can't quite figure out why, save for they don't want to pay a high price tag... Because the survival data is there!

This got me to thinking...

Im starting to wonder if social behavior/social economics will allow for a tumor agnostic approach. Meaning, it's easier to say, galvanize and market for funding for "pancreatic cancer" or "lung cancer" than, say, ALK+ or HER2- cancer. I'm not sure if we're ready for tumor agnostic treatment on population level.

Just pondering. I still like BPMC, but wonder if we're too early for tumor agnostic approaches to hit prime time in the next decade. Time will tell.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.