Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 11
Now what to do with my cash from my preferred stock sales.
Pickings are slim but they are out there as long as one does not get too greedy about anyone of them. I bought all four of the below entities with my proceeds today

EQCPRD a 6.7& yield on a convertible preferred. New management at EQC is trying to turn around a real dog here. The common is doing well and according to Morningstar Cohen and Steers took a substantial position in this in Dec 2014.

NRFPRE current price 26.14 current yield about 8.3%. Yield to call a little better than 7%. Callable 5/2019 This is a mortgage REIT converting to a regular REIT at least with much of its assets. We have discussed this security before in prior posts. Just do not bet the farm on this one.

CHSCL a preferred issued by a huge farming coop. This has been discussed on silicon investor website. Not callable until 2015. Current yield of 7.2% with a yield of call about 6.9%. This is a very odd duck but has a place in a diversified preferred portfolio.

MMLP Bond. MMLP is a complex MLP which has been beaten up but unlikely to go bankrupt. I bought some from Fidelity today. It is trading below par with a current yield of about 7.6% and a yield to call in 2021 of 8.1%.

Martin
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.