Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 12
...for the low of a liquid in a circular conduit, also known as a pipe.
Charts of friction factors, based on experimental results, as a function of the Reynolds Number, with pipe roughness as a variable.
--BigBunk
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1

Uh you can discuss that if you want; not my field.

I requested this board be created to discuss career stuff and so I didn't have to feel like a geek all my my lonesome. :-)

Are you an ME?

-Katya
No. of Recommendations: 12
Uh you can discuss that if you want; not my field.

I requested this board be created to discuss career stuff and so I didn't have to feel like a geek all by my lonesome.

=== === ===

Seeing as there hadn't been "much" POSTing here, I just thought that I'd send up a few signal-rocket flares into the sky and then see what transpired, POSTage-wise.
--BigBunk
No. of Recommendations: 2
From the tone of the posts - I'd guess a ChE.

IMHO one should never feel excessively geekish or be too lonesome. Many engineers don't communicate well or interact with animate objects too well. But t'aint necessarily so - and I'd guess that you'll find no difference in approach between those of a given engineer and folks from other careers in other discussion boards.

Also, be aware that career stuff is potentially as bad as tech stuff - and career stuf tends to change with age.

Anyway, what brought you to MF and what way do you lean in investing?
No. of Recommendations: 0
just a few days ago i checked out a book from the library on CFD. i'd say it was a bit over my head.

the pictures were cool.

-jamie
Many engineers don't communicate well or interact with animate objects too well.

Aww... Comeon! I've known plenty of sorority girls who were engineers...

Oh, wait. I did use past tense, didn't I?

Well, you got one here, I guess. ;)
My pledge mom was a ChE, too, so I guess it runs in the family...

And besides, my calculator IS my best friend! :)

RMB
Okay, AFTER I hit the "post" button I realize I needed to make a few clarifications:

Oh, wait. I did use past tense, didn't I?

Meaning: I know a lot of sorority members who have switched to other degreed professions after deciding engr wasn't for them.

Well, you got one here, I guess. ;)

Meaning: I am a sorority member who is an engineer. I.E. I am NOT putting down greeks.

My pledge mom was a ChE, too, so I guess it runs in the family...

I am NOT a Chem E, the "too" refers to BigBunkler, whom we are guessing is a Chem E. (I'm voting ME, myself.)

Sorry about the confusion... I promise to work on my communication skills. AFTER I finish this octave band calculation...

Sound good?

Thanks for reading my bumblings.

RMB
No. of Recommendations: 3
You obviously are cut out to be a superior engineer -----
you post two messages where one would be optimal

you add clarification where none is needed

you clarifications are longer than your original post

and your responding to a post from "once upon a time, a long -long time ago"

it is a pleasure to meet you, hope your career is at least as much fun as college, and hope to hear from you again.