Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Price currently $28.00 (up 1%) but has been up to the $29s.

Barcoo
I'm smiling !! - it's up about $3 since I bought on Monday !! One of my few gainers !!
Interesting situation with regards to Centennial Coal at present.
I have been down quite a bit on this one with the price down to $1.62 at one time. It then announced that it was aquiring a big NSW group of mines and was floating more equity to pay for it. Existing shareholders were offered the new shares at $1.55 based upon their existing holding.
Since then the price has risen to $1.86 and is still rising - the new float still has about two weeks to go before closing and it's obvious that investors are buying up large in order to score some of the $1.55 shares on offer.
However, I'm sceptical because having been bitten once before in a similar situation I know that as soon as these new investors have got their new shares in their hands they will dump them on the market in the expectation that they will gain the difference between $1.55 and the present price. Ha,ha!! - no guessing what happens to the price when they do this !!
I'll wait until I think the price has risen close to the top and then sell before the new issue closes and also pick an interim dividend of eight cents per share - this may bring me close to what I paid originally.
"A cunning plot, my Lord" as Baldrick would say to the Black Adder.
We'll see how it plays out.
Regards
Harmy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.