No. of Recommendations: 1
I have never used Priceline, however as in any business, the too good to be true rule applies. You should always assume that any airline ticket could have MANY rules attached to it. The general public is very excited about being able to get GREAT DEALS that they dont think about about the rules, taxes etc. Then they want the company to assume responsibility. However, I agree that perhaps they could be more upfront about the taxes to overseas destinations. The rules for changing travel are per the airline, and the taxes are not governed by Priceline either. As a travel agent, I talk to hundreds of people who do not understand or take the time to understand the effect of what they are doing or want to do. They just want that GREAT DEAL. When you explain rules, taxes etc. they are upset-yet those are the RULES per the airlines. It is not my fault, nor Pricelines fault these rules or taxes exist, and that the person did not understand them or think about them. I prefer a bit more definite plans than Priceline can offer, I want to be more sure of what times etc are before I agree. But for those that are more flexible, it is a great deal-if you see beyond that GREAT DEAL, and take the time to research your own trip. Priceline is NOT a travel agent, they are not responsible to act as such either. It is not their responsibility to research rules, and applicable taxes for you etc, that is the consumers job if they want to participate. There are some deals that work out well, but you do have to be careful or take the time to research what you are doing-because in Priceline, you the consumer is responsible.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.