No. of Recommendations: 0
I recently bought tickets to Paris through Expedia.com and had a better experience. I found it very easy to use, and Expedia DOES show all the taxes on its prices so you aren't surprised to find your ticket price doubled when you pay. No bidding hassles and I picked times and airports myself. I am traveling with my husband and 5 year old child, so was unwilling to leave departure times and locations to the Priceline gods.

Because I have a low level of comfort with sending my credit card number on the internet, I called Expedia to see whether I could book my flight with them by phone. The person I spoke with wouldn't do that, though she offered to take my credit card number and put it in the computer herself, so I could go back in and confirm my flights with the credit card number they had "on file". I still wasn't very keen on that so she suggested calling the airline directly, with the flight information in hand, and booking it that way.... which is what I ended up doing. The price with all the taxes, per person, was a little over $400, and the lady at United had all the same flight numbers, times, and prices I'd found on Expedia.

Expedia was not so great on rental cars (I've yet to find a web site that is) but I'd use them again for tickets in a minute.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.