No. of Recommendations: 0
You did one really good thing, by using your credit card to pay the bill, you could have called up your card company and ordered a stop on the payment for insufficient services. It may cost you a few dollars but it would have been cheaper. Priceline would be upset but you could easily argue your point so long as you stick to your reasons and send them back the tickets. Cancelling through your credit card can make them suddenly take notice and not treat you like a number.
In my own experience, an important trip such as yours should be handled through a reputable agent or directly through the airlines. I use the information off the internet as a start and then see compare with a human in front of me. I found that there really is not fantastic difference and less convienence with using a travel agent. At least you can exchange your tickets in most cases at the gate should a cancellation or problem arise without any hassel.
Besides, who in the world would trust a company where one of the major investors (William Shatner) can't sing, yet he tries to on the ads. It is very scary.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
JoeParker,

<< You did one really good thing, by using your credit card to pay the bill, you could have called up your card company and ordered a stop on the payment for insufficient services. >>

Unfortunately, I used a Checkcard that is treated as a Visa card, so I wasn't sure about my rights. I've heard that using a Checkcard is like writing a check to someone. After it's been cashed, you can't cancel the payment.

Yi-Hsin
(TMF Puck)
Print the post Back To Top