No. of Recommendations: 0
Yi-Hsin Chang should consider herself lucky her "taxes and fees" were ONLY an additional 64% of the ticket cost. Prior to a planned trip to Cancun, I accessed AreoMexico (cheapest published prices) and got a posted price of $1100 for a RT ticket. Since there were 4 of us, $4400 seemed sorta steep for getting there & back. After 5 or 6 tries, I got an acceptance from PL with a bid of $250/ticket (+ $50 for sigining up for a VISA card which I cancelled and + another $50 for signing up for a long distance carrier which I cancelled). "OH, Happy Day", I mused - "4 of us going for less than the price of a single posted price."
Oh, the horror and dissappointment when the bill arrived - taxes and fees amounted to a little MORE than the price of a 5th seat! PLUS, though we left Atl at noon (a reasonable time) and had a direct flight, our return leg was to leave Cancun at 8PM (hotel checkout time was 10AM), fly to Mexico City, have a 4 hour layover and arrive back in Atlanta at 5 AM the next morning. Luckily, we were able to squeeze on a 3 PM Cancun-Atl direct flight so all ended fairly well. Although we seemed to do fairly well on PL's prices, I also was very dissappointed with their customer (non)service and lackadasical attitude. Next time - a travel agent.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.