No. of Recommendations: 0
I can completely relate to her experiences with priceline. My fiance and I had a similar problem trying to fly on a vacation from Minneapolis to Orlando. They give you almost no say in your departure and arrival times and resulting tickets cut out nearly two full days from our vacation due to flightimes, lay-overs, etc. The worst problem is that you simply have no recourse once you hit the little 'submit' key to try and bid on a fare - you are stuck with whatever you get.
I even talked to the airline to see if there was something I could do from that end. I bascially found out that no airline will touch a ticket once priceline has handled it. My fiance's dad is a pilot and has been in the industry for years, and he was amazed at the cold reception we got from the airlines the minute we mentioned we had booked through priceline. It was almost as though our tickets had the plague!
After really making a fuss I finally got them to cancel the tickets (at the low price of $75 per ticket cancelation fee).
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.