No. of Recommendations: 1
http://reason.com/blog/2012/11/14/state-legislators-in-rhode...

State legislators in Rhode Island and Maine will announce bills tomorrow to legalize recreational marijuana, a spokesperson for the Marijuana Policy Project announced today.

Rhode Island Rep. Edith Ajello and Maine Rep. Diane Russell will hold a conference call tomorrow with the Marijuana Policy Project to announce the legislation.

MPP says that "similar proposals will be submitted in at least two other states — Vermont and Massachusetts." A ballot iniative legalizing medical marijuana passed in Massachusetts last week with more than 60 percent of the vote. Maine voters voted to expand the state's 1999 medical marijuana law in 2009 to include dispensaries. The Rhode Island legislature decriminalized marijuana earlier this year, and has had medical marijuana since 2006.

True story -- we parked downtown a few months ago and I noticed that the car next to ours had a business logo on it -- ProGrass. I thought it belonged to some group that favors the legalization of marijuana, but it's really a lawn care outfit. And, in one of those great synchros that only come along once in a while, it turned out that DW had hired them a few days earlier to try to breathe new life into our miserable excuse for a lawn.

--fleg
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
The government should legalize all vices...drugs, booze, prostitution, gambling, and anything else of that type, then they should tax the heck out of it. Why not? Right now, organized crime makes all the money. Why not let the government's version of organized crime make the money, rather than taxing to death those who work and pay taxes. While they are at it, they should also legalize selling pain meds and such in pharmacies, without the need for prescriptions. If people want to drug themselves, why not.
sounds like the end of the Roman Empire to me....

i dunno, just doesn't seem like a good thing to me but I do agree taxing the heck out of vices will certainly make sense. People buy cigs but then again, down here in Va. they're cheap compared to NY and that's why they're black market cigs heading up to NY....somebody always figure out how to make extra bucks under the table.

drug cartels will not go away either just because the stuff is legalize they deal in other drugs and other stuff.
No. of Recommendations: 4
All I know is one of the great ironies of the 21st century is Hostess being on the verge of going out of business at the same time that pot is being legalized.

Those not believing God has a sense of humor have been proven wrong again.
Can you purchase it now with one's EBT Card?
No. of Recommendations: 2
sounds like the end of the Roman Empire to me....

Why? It's not like pot was illegal nationwide since the founding of America. Quite the contrary -- it wasn't completely illegal throughout the U.S. until the 1930s.

So was it "like the end of the Roman Empire" before then?

Legal history of cannabis in the United States:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_history_of_cannabis_in_th...

Just the facts...

-andrew, who has never even tried pot
No. of Recommendations: 1
"andrew, who has never even tried pot"

I smoked it some when I was young and in college. All it did was make me feel good. In fact the only thing I remember about it is how good it made me feel. Everything seemed right with the world.

Art