Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
...but, it's my first time dealing with this.

background: some of my dividends from 2009 and 2010 were reclassified as "return of capital". I filed amended returns for both years last fall (with help from the gurus here!). For 2009 I received a refund from the amended return, for 2010 I had to pay more.

So this year I have to declare all this. I have the 2009 extra refund, the original 2010 refund, and the amended 2010 extra payment. I'm using Turbo Tax. I have two 1099Gs from my state. T-Tax asked for the 2010 1099G, and now is asking about total payments and withhold for 2010. I believe that is line 37 on my 2010 AZ form. Should I include the 1099G for 2009 with this? It wasn't a payment, it was an extra refund.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.