Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
Probably the easiest way to do this is to use David Fish's (now Justin Law's) CCC Excel SS.

Open the sheet, go to the All CCC tab. Once in it, high lite the worksheet (cells A7 to BC 771, per my most recent copy) and then sort by column J to organize by current yield. Then go down the list to the current yield target range of stocks you're looking for, then once you've identified that range, go over to columns S through V, which will give you the 1 yr, 3yr, 5yr and 10yr dividend growth rates for each stock.

When I look at this progression, I usually rule out any stock with a very tiny or perfunctory (e.g. $.01 per quarter, quarter after quarter) dividend increase, as well as the very high dividend growth rate stocks, as these are never sustainable yet the current price (and yield) are inflated to this very high dividend growth rate, meaning buying it would be overpaying for it). What I look for is consistency in dividend growth.

BruceM
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.