Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 6
Prodigal,

I use a simple spreadsheet that pulls the stock price and has the relevant data in it to calculate P/S and EV/S, P/E (shares, cash, debt, TTM Sales, TTM Earnings if profitable, etc...).

I update the relevant numbers quarterly (mostly).

I estimate a forward growth rate for the next year which I usually try to hedge on a bit. Meaning I'll use a conservative growth rate. For instance, I assume 50% growth over the next 12 months for Shopify.

On the SHOP current numbers, I have TTM Sales at $853.6M taking into account the most recent quarter. EV/S 15.4. Since I'm factoring in 50% growth compared to the 62% you show, our EV/S over the next 12 months are very close.

As to the value of the spreadsheet, for me it is pretty priceless. But the primary purpose is to provide first level evaluation of the business which provides a stepping stone to further research. I am indebted to this board in helping with that research.

Hope this was somewhat helpful.

A.J.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.