Skip to main content

captainccs’ Activity

Fri Aug 5

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 11:49 AM

Re: Lies, damn lies, and the most unequal countr

I don’t know why we go round and round on this.

Tax the rich.


Yes, tax the rich, but only to the point they don't rebel. Supply and Demand works with taxes like with any other economic transaction. People don't [more]

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 11:42 AM

Re: Talk about inflation!!!!

Long time ago.

The famous Trinity Study and others analyzed portfolio returns over 30 year periods to determine the appropriate 'safe withdrawal rate' from a portfolio that was 50% bonds/50% stock index.


Thanks for [more]

NL

Boards Post

captainccs polled the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 8:11 AM

Poll: Portfolio withdrawal methods

I don't know what percent of my portfolio I withdraw. I take 90% of my dividends, reinvest the other 10% and get a pay raise every month.

JohnSki


[more]

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 6:27 AM

Re: Talk about inflation!!!!

I don't know what percent of my portfolio I withdraw. I take 90% of my dividends, reinvest the other 10% and get a pay raise every month.

Sounds like a smart move!

The Captain

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 4:41 AM

Re: More Workers Demanding Fairness

Methinks no right answer - - it's a situational thing, along with one's disciplines and lifestyle.

Exactly right!

The Captain

Thu Aug 4

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 11:20 PM

Re: Automation, deep fakes, jobs musing

In high school ... we were assigned to read ... a utopian novel...

...free from drudgery, abundant free time, and higher goals.

Sadly, human nature doesn't seem to work that way.



Utopias NEVER work the way [more]

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 11:08 PM

Re: Talk about inflation!!!!

When and how did the "4% withdrawal" become the MAGIC number? Why not 5%? Why not 3%?

Is a 4% withdrawal at age 60 with a port of $1 million the same as a 4% withdrawal at age 90 with a port of 20 million?

Please [more]

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 1:50 PM

Re: Our Knowledge Re:Alzheimer’s is Wrong

Big deal. All science is unsettled settled science.

So it is!

Science has no interest in one’s beliefs, politics, wants, or desires. It is agnostic. It just doesn’t care what you think.

If only the Flat [more]

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 10:01 AM

Re: Good ocean news

"Previous models treat phytoplankton as passive particles, while a lot of evidence suggests that it actively migrates to take up carbon in upper layers via photosynthesis and to store nutrients in lower layers," says Kai Wirtz.... [more]

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 9:49 AM

Re: Fed's Kashkari: Staying the course

It's just short of five months as there are 21 trading days per month.

Trading days? I though it was calendar days. Thanks!

Unlike mungofitch's 99-day rule I just eyeball the charts and greatly favor candlestick [more]

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 7:33 AM

Re: Fed's Kashkari: Staying the course

Channeling Steve Jobs, "One More Thing!"

James O'Shaughnessy's very popular investing book is titled, "What Works on Wall Street," but Wall Street has its moods and tantrums. Louis Navellier calls his [more]

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 6:29 AM

Re: German horse trading (cow trading?)

The operative word in my sentence was/is perceive.

Absolutely correct! A lot of economics is wrong because it does not use "Perceived Value" but instead the "Idealized Value" of the Mythical Homo [more]

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 6:07 AM

Re: Our Knowledge Re:Alzheimer’s is Wrong

New evidence came to light in Science that researchers had faked images in a paper published 16 years ago—a paper that other researchers had trusted and relied on as they did their own work.

Another case of "Unsettled Settled [more]

Wed Aug 3

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the New Paradigm Investing board. 10:16 PM

Re: Thx Denny for the "subject line" tip

I'm glad you find it useful. I use it all the time.

Denny Schlesinger

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 3:04 PM

Re: Fed's Kashkari: Staying the course

Captain, what a lovely informative post, but you left eager curious readers wanting more! (as a retired publisher let me say that is a valuable skill).

Keep up the praises and I'll need a bigger hat! Thanks! My intention is not [more]

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 2:45 PM

Re: Fed's Kashkari: Staying the course

I like to do timing, and so I have mostly quit securities investing where it is detrimental to neutral, and shifted to real estate and specialized lending where timing can give huge advantage.

Cyclicals is a different kettle of fish. [more]

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 8:24 AM

Re: Fed's Kashkari: Staying the course

'38Packard, let's take your points by order of importance, top down!

I can't sleep when I see RED every day.

Sleep is of utmost importance, you need a port that lets you sleep well.

How much is [more]

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 5:36 AM

Re: The gut biome

This man from Venezuela can't vouch for the gut biome, the wheat belly, and the dozens of catchy book titles but this man from Venezuela can vouch that losing 20 kilos or 50 pounds (over a period of two or three years) by eating a healthier diet [more]

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 5:03 AM

Re: Lithium Shortfall

I heard that the mining isn't really all that difficult.
It is the refining to a battery grade product that is harder.


And getting permits to open new mines is even much, much, much, harder!

The Captain

NL

Boards Post

captainccs replied to the Macro Economic Trends and Risks board. 4:55 AM

Re: Fed's Kashkari: Staying the course

It's no secret here that I've been 90% in CASH (and equivalents) since 2018. I've been patiently waiting for this overheated market to finally come to the realization that the end of easy money is over (for the time being) and the [more]

Show More Activity ...

CAPS Stats & Trivia

CAPS Player Rating 38.21
Player Rank 36268 out of 58691
Score 202.64
Score Change Today +0.43
Accuracy 31.25%
Active Picks 8
Total Picks 18
Best Pick TTD (+793.75)
Worst Pick RTK.DL (-222.90)
Average Score per Pick 11.26
Charms Earned 8
Highest Rated Favorite No Favorites Selected
Go to captainccs’ CAPS page

Boards Stats & Trivia

Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool
Board Posts 45671
Recs Received 117628
People who have rec'd these posts 4035
Recs to Posts Ratio (last 30 days) 24.90
Threads Started 6305
Threads Started Percentage 13.81 %
Most Frequent Board New Paradigm Investing
Very First Post Re: Wassup with Arm? (7/10/2001)
Percentage of Posts Rec'd 71.04 %
Show captainccs’ 10 Latest Posts
The Motley Fool respects your privacy and strive to be transparent about our data collection practices. We use your information to customize the site for you, to contact you about your membership, provide you with promotional information, and in aggregate to help us better understand how the service is used. For more details, please review our Privacy Policy.