Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 12
I was against the idea of prosecuting Trump.

I was.

But given his behavior, his willingness to destroy our Republic for his selfish purposes, I say YES, prosecute the *******!

He should be in prison.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
Supposedly, we believe that no one should be above the law. Trump should be held accountable for his actions, and fully prosecuted for any crimes he committed.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Trump should be held accountable for his actions

His actions are what you would expect from a 5 year old bully. Perhaps he deserves to be spanked . . . of course he might like that.
No. of Recommendations: 21
His actions are what you would expect from a 5 year old bully. Perhaps he deserves to be spanked . . . of course he might like that.

So true. I do believe he should be fully prosecuted for any crimes he may have committed. But the more urgent need is to address the big gaping flaws in our system that Trump exposed. We have assumed that anyone rising to this level of national office would be bound by a modicum of rational thought, a functional moral compass, and a sense of duty towards the office - and its responsibility to all Americans. Seeing someone lacking all of those attributes, and simultaneously driven by ego, narcissism and simple greed hold and abuse the office as Trump has - well, we definitely need to make sure that the 'norms' we expected are required and enforced by law - not just by our expectations.

The next one won't be as dumb and self-defeating. We dodged a bullet this time.
No. of Recommendations: 10
well, we definitely need to make sure that the 'norms' we expected are required and enforced by law - not just by our expectations.

I agree, but am afraid it's a losing battle.

Once you have to start mandating that people follow norms because society no longer can, it becomes a search for loopholes in the mandates/laws. This societal degradation is perhaps McConnell's greatest injury to the nation.
No. of Recommendations: 6
Once you have to start mandating that people follow norms because society no longer can, it becomes a search for loopholes in the mandates/laws.

You can mandate rules and regulations, but you can't mandate morality. If you want moral people in public office, you must be willing to vote for moral people. More importantly, you need to vote for a moral person not of your party when the candidate from your party is immoral.

If you put party ahead of morality, you should not expect to get morality.

One party talks a lot about morality, but doesn't vote for it. The other party tries to demonstrate morality rather than just talk about it.

--Peter