Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Brainwashed Leftists are up in arms over the new CDC maskless recommendations. Many refuse to remove their masks in protest! Can you say “totalitarian tools and dupes”?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 11
I think we can agree I'm on the left, and I have little problem with the new CDC recommendation. That little problem is stupid, lying unvaxxed folks who refuse to mask. Alas, this includes some people I know and otherwise like and am occasionally around; eg, The couple who runs the landscaping business that's been taking care of my yard for about 15 years. Their entire extended family has had covid!! (Nobody died or was hospitalized.) They're never-maskers in a state that's 55% QOP. When I called the wife a couple of months ago to see about getting fresh mulch, she was ill and raspy/coughing on the phone. Last in her family to catch it. BTW, they are all healthy and fit. Their adult children are in allied medical professions (such as PT), where they have to mask at work.

I hope most of those I see unmasked in stores/the post office have been vaxxed, although I know some haven't been. Which is why I, vaxxed as I am, still mask everywhere indoors. (I haven't been masking outdoors since September, IIRC.) I still mask at the outdoor farmer's market, as about 20% of attendees do. Too low a percentage for me.
No. of Recommendations: 0
The Left has no monopoly on brainwashed constituencies.
No. of Recommendations: 25
Brainwashed Leftists are up in arms over the new CDC maskless recommendations. Many refuse to remove their masks in protest! Can you say “totalitarian tools and dupes”?

Can you say: “Those who spout such nonsense are tools and dupes of right wing propaganda and nonsense.”?
No. of Recommendations: 20

LOL. Of course the issue many have with the new honor system that suggests that people who have not been vaccinated should continue to social distance and wear masks in public is that the anti-vaxers and anti-maskers have shown they have absolutely no honor. And we all know that these Trump cult morons are going to continue to avoid mask wearing and social distancing.

Remember, the vaccine does not prevent people from getting the virus. It does tend to make the disease less deadly and less serious. Also, those with suppressed and compromised immune systems will not have complete protection even after vaccination. People with Lupus, for example, and other auto-immune diseases are still being advised to wear masks and avoid contact. Those living with compromised immune system relatives also need to follow this guidance.

Willful ignorance and hostility from Trump culters is why some people are choosing to continue to protect themselves. Liars and hypocrites, like Trump supporters, destroy society. They have become willfully ignorant bullies, too stupid to accept facts and science and determined to punish everyone who is not as stupid as them. Wear a mask when you are going to be near these repulsive and selfish liars. They are a blight on this nation.
You can, but you won't understand them through the mask.
No. of Recommendations: 13
You can, but you won't understand them through the mask.

I’m 71 and have a bit more of a problem hearing some frequencies than I did 40 years ago.

But masks- both in wearing them and in listening to people speaking who are wearing them... have not presented the problem in communication that you suggest.

Nor have masks impeded my breathing as young and vigorous anti-maskers swear that they do.

My only conclusion: Anti-maskers are simply a bunch of anti-social fainting violets who would collapse in a heap if they were asked to do anything for the common good that would break a sweat.

Good news!.... coming soon to a town near you... Mask requirements will be relaxed.

I wish you and Darwin many happy hugs and dances together!

Perhaps a bit later than you, those of us who have been vaccinated will also be relaxing our mask wearing.

Perhaps we will see each other and rejoice together after having made it through the pandemic.

But perhaps we won’t. Because I do know that if you are not vaccinated, one of us stands a better chance of making it to that happy point than the other does.

If you haven’t already, just do it. For once in your miserable life, don’t be a fainting violet. Just roll up your sleeve and get the shot.... twice, even. For me, the ensuing headache was hardly noticeable, but even if the side-effects had been ten times worse than they were, that would have beat spending my last hours on earth with a ventilator.

I woke up on one of those monsters ten years ago after heart surgery, and believe me, that is one piece of equipment with which you do NOT want to become better acquainted.

So strike a blow for your own health, while simultaneously striking a blow for the health of those you love and the world in general.

Remove yourself from the petri dish- get vaccinated.

It’s a lot better for you than sitting around and repeating nonsense, whining about your “freedom” and not taking the proactive steps that actually lead to REAL freedom.

So.... today...tomorrow.... next week... next month... at some point in your locale, the masks are coming off.

Are you really ready for that? Or do you just talk a good game?

</rant over>
"I wish you and Darwin many happy hugs and dances together! "

Not a problem.

We're vaccinated,...& I met my DW while taking lessons at Arthur Murray Dance Studio.

1...2..cha cha cha...swing,swing....