No. of Recommendations: 1
I'm retired, 73 yrs old, and want to invest about 100K. I attended a Hantz presentation set up through my credit union. I want to invest this and leave it to my disabled daughter through an irrevocable trust. She doesn't need income, but I want to insure she has the trust to draw on in case of whatever might come up after I'm gone.

The Hantz rep suggested two annuity funds through Prudential.

The first one is called QMP, or Pru PI B-AST Quantitative Modeling Portfolio. It isn't for income, it's an investment. This one has a guarantee that you get at least what you put in. If there are gains, you get that. There's a death benefit rider so when I die, the money goes to my daughters trust, cost of the rider is $400+ per year. There is a surrender charge to withdraw for a few years, and I don't see that happening, so that's ok. I can't seem to find anything online for this. I do have a PDF from Morningstar on it, but can't make much sense of it.

I've had a sort of negative view of annuities in the past. But this one seems to meet my needs with the guarantee.

The other one is The Prudential PruSecure Fixed Indexed Annuity.
http://www.prudential.com/media/managed/documents/pruannuiti...
http://www.prudential.com/media/managed/documents/fp_portal/...
This has a cap and a floor.

He wants me to put it all in the first annuity, the QMP. So I'm hesitant. Aren't we supposed to not put all our eggs in one basket? What will his commission on this be? What else am I missing here?
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.