Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
p.s. I had to give you a rec for the question you asked at the end:

"But would you? Is that something you would be in favor of?"

Thousands of Teslans have already answered "YES" to this on forums all over social media, and so few of them don't understand that under present law only a few of them will be allowed to follow to the Promised Land where they will lose it all.

If you think Elon Musk is erratic now, think of him in a private company where well heeled investors yank his choke chain.

Hence, I don't think this deal will ever go down.

Musk is doing everything in his power today to distract, equivocate, and stay in power until he can gracefully exit. Then, from the sidelines, he'll watch Tesla finally implode and he'll blame it all on the fact he was no longer at the helm. Nevermind that he's showed us time and again he's the worst CEO of a large cap company in America, it won't matter: he has true believers who'll fund his next idea.

All of this is moot if the SEC pounds him so badly he's never allowed to lead a company again and he serves prison time. And I think this is a possibility with what Marty Tripp published on Twitter yesterday to show Tesla has been covering up major scrapage and installing batteries held together with adhesive tape. Hope you saw those photos, all, as it shows everything Tripp has alleged in his whistleblowing case.

I think it was a mistake for Tripp to Tweet all that, but, at least, without question, we now know what Tripp spoke as truth can now be verified chop, chop, and will be verified by other employees and ex-employees who realize the NDAs are not going to haunt them in whistleblowing depositions.

We know the SEC is investigating. I will not be surprised to learn the NHTSA, the NTSB and the FBI will join the investigation. I believe after yesterday, Tesla has to have gone into Maximum Coverup Overdrive.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.