Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
P.S.

Just got off the phone with Jeff Nestle-Patt, VP of Corp Communications. More or less what he said:

Pirelli announced the day after the cc that it would probably sell assets as part of its shifting corp strategy to focus on telecom. Pirelli has a 27% stake in Olivetti, and owns 55% of Italia Telecom, Italy's largest telecom. Said it was looking to sell truck tire business, energy cables business -- world's largest cables for all types, energy cables and telecom, building (Home Depot)

Not clear what they'll be selling, mention PR energy cables. Not a sky falling scenario at all.

---
That makes sense to me. Still a risk that a buyer might have different plans for the business, but presumably if Pirelli thinks its an asset that will bring $$$, that's good.

Wait and see?

-----
I also realized after my last post that the company sends wire to Pirelli, but has it fabbed elsewhere, not with Pirelli. Sorry.

Fool on!
Tom9
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.