Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
P.S. to my last message. The other major perception factor is that Q claims that they will retain the same royalty rate irrespective of which version of 3G becomes standard.

It just doesn't seem likely. It all depends on how well the IP claims of other companies stand-up, but it does appear that W-CDMA or is it CDMA2000 or whichever one (I can't keep these acronyms straight) has a more diluted IP base. Result, it is unlikely, and not credible that a company which controls nearly 100% of current CDMA standard will be able to command the same royalty rate if it only holds 50% of the IP for the next standard.

I think this perception is also currently built into the stock price. And I, and no one else, has any definitive answers to any of these questions, and the Street hates uncertainty with a passion.

Tinker
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.