Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
© 2000 Healtheon/WebMD. All rights reserved.

I dont' mean to be critical, folks, but I have a problem with the posting in entirety of copyrighted material. It is a violation of law, it steals income from the copyright holder, and it wastes bandwidth (the same effect could be had by posting the URL).

Please, can we refrain in the future?

Doug
Dear Doug,

I believe the above clearly gives credit where credit is due.
As for Bandwith, you are confusing bandwith with server space. The text of the article is stored on Fool.com's server.
Bandwith cannot be altered unless you change your band, ie. cable, wireless. Perhaps you're thinking of traffic, like when everyone goes back and forth between sites. Like if everyone shopped at a different store for every grocery item.
As for me I'm the department store kinda guy.

I believe the above clearly gives credit where credit is due.

It is not a matter of giving credit. Even if you give credit, you are in violation of copyright law if you publish the article without the copyright owner's explicit permission.

Doug
You are looking at a stiff fine for this one, say goodbye to your savings! Violation of copyright is bad, you get to pay the attorney fees, and the fine is $100,000 per offense.