No. of Recommendations: 0
Over the weekend, I was talking with a friend and the idea of owning a public storage franchise was discussed. I have started to do some research into the possibilities and income potential from such a business.

As I do my research, I thought I would ask here if anyone has looked into, or invested in, a public storage franchise? Any first-hand experience, good or bad, would be very helpful at this point!

Thanks!

dt
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Thank you!

dt
dt writes:
<< Over the weekend, I was talking with a friend and the idea of owning a public storage franchise was discussed. I have started to do some research into the possibilities and income potential from such a business.

As I do my research, I thought I would ask here if anyone has looked into, or invested in, a public storage franchise? Any first-hand experience, good or bad, would be very helpful at this point!
>>

I'd suggest you start by going here:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=19048470&sort=whole#19069346

And reading the entire thread. That should tell you just about everything you need to know before going forward or not.

And reading the entire thread. That should tell you just about everything you need to know before going forward or not.

Thanks for the link. Someone posted that earlier and I have received some feedback from the REHP board as well. It has given me more things to consider and provided a good starting point to evaluate the idea further.

Thanks.

dt
No. of Recommendations: 1
I've done risk management work for a number of people who own self-storage facilities.

They all expressed surprise at the number of times storage units were burglarized and/or the facility sustained damage during a burglary attempt.

To combat this, on-site full-time managers are being used by the larger self-storage companies and others are installing expensive security systems and perimeter fencing.

Keep this in mind when considering location and start-up costs.

ShelbyBoy