Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Puck -

Thanks for the compliments. I found this as part of my continual Value Line screening. CASS is in the small cap edition. It fit my initial requirements and was clearly underfollowed and pretty much unknown. The further I dug into it the more interested I became as I learned about some of the unique features of it business model. I started buying a little bit more than a year ago. All of my positions will be long term on December 5.

I also have to say the returns (just about a double in one year) have far exceeded my targets. My normal target is to double my money every 5 years. In retrospect I could have found it even earlier (it is up more than 4x over the last 5 years). But I cannot complain. CASS is starting to get a following now and trading volume is up significantly as compared to 12 months ago. It is much more correctly priced now in my opinion, but I am still holding.

I was impressed that Jim Gillies had it in his list when I joined this service early in 2006.

I have many sources for stock ideas (a list which has expanded since I joined MF HG). The two most significant are Value Line (long time subscriber) and screening with Zacks. In my Zacks screening I purposely look for low volume as one screening criteria, since I believe that low volume stocks are more likely to be inefficiently priced.

sw
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.