Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings,

This is my first post to the Wireless World as I am a nontech newbie trying to understand some of the huge implications to these new technologies. I would like to preface my question by stating that I have learned much from the many gracious posters of TMF who have taken a great deal of time and effort to educate thousands of lurkers and newbies such as myself. Thank you!!

I have been trying to understand QCOM's HDR system and I am having difficulty trying to determine just how this system connects and moves data across the net. Please help me understand the following scenario;

Let's say I am cruising the interstate and make a wireless connection via my phone/laptop and want to pullup the Fooldom and do some research. Does this system at some point have to connect to some form of DSL/Cable or does this connection remain totally wireless from tower to servers to website? I am sure this is a very basic question but am trying to follow these routes in my mind and am confused. {not hard to do} I am long JDSU,ARMHY,INTC,GBLX,RNWK,BRCM. Trying to find a wireless knowledge base. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Kevin
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.