Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Returning value to shareholders through share redemptions and dividends remains a top property for Seagate. In early October we completed a private share redemption transaction with Samsung of 32.7 million shares for $1.5 billion. In addition, our board last week approved raising our quarterly dividend $0.05 or 13% to $0.43 per share.

Through these activities we expect to meet our goal of returning approximately 70% of operating cash flow to shareholders this fiscal year.

Rich Kugele - Needham & Company

Okay and then last question is just Pat, what should we be assuming from a share count perspective on a blended basis for the second quarter?

Pat O’Malley

I think if you take a look at the December quarter based on what we have transacted with Samsung. It's is a 320 million for the actual shares and approximately 346 million for fully diluted and I just planned for that.

I have read that STX has a goal of getting the share count down to 250 million shares. One analyst asked if STX would still hit its goal of 250 by the end of calendar year 2014. STX did not commit to that timetable at this call. They said it would be a function of share price.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1780032-seagate-technologys-...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.