No. of Recommendations: 3
Cross-verification, ain't it a wunnerful thang? Wednesday evening I wondered:

>> Will the break through the channel line continue? Will the center band be challenged? Will we breakout or breakdown from the present range? <<

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hcour/vwp?.dir=/My+Documents&.dnm=QQQ+11-30.gif&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

Thurs the bottom of the range held very nicely (but on lower volume), the demand line of the channel re-asserted itself on the close, the still rising center BB was indeed challenged and provided support on the low.

Fri an NR7, a doji, the upper and lower BBs continuing to turn in to each other sharply, and a small symmetrical triangle now nearing the apex, all on decreasing volume - all signaling lowered volatility as the range may be playing out on the daily, one way or t'other.

Note we've been hanging around, actually struggling with, the lower third of the channel for the last 2 weeks, w/Fri sitting right on that bad boy. But, it has held. A bo from the range/triangle would hold the channel line.

Were the range to continue more than a day or so we would breakdown from the channel and possibly the supporting 10d ema and the triangle and the center band.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hcour/vwp?.dir=/My+Documents&.dnm=QQQ+Weekly+11-30-01.gif&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

On the weekly, we're at long-term horizontal s/r and the top of an ascending triangle. Note the bottom came on climatic volume, w/very strong, mostly even volume on the subsequent ut w/closes mostly on the highs, none on the lows. The down week of 10/15 was on higher volume but was a doji closing near the high of the previous week, w/a higher low and a higher high. The down week of 10/29 was a dragonfly doji, closing near the high & at the close of the previous week. This week a prefect doji, closing in the upper half of the range on strong volume at the top of the range/triangle.

A pull back may be emminent after such a rapid bounce. On the weekly, look for support/fill at the 36ish bo hidden gap.

Harold
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Thurs the bottom of the range held very nicely (but on lower volume), the demand line of the channel re-asserted itself on the close, the still rising center BB was indeed challenged and provided support on the low.

Fri an NR7, a doji, the upper and lower BBs continuing to turn in to each other sharply, and a small symmetrical triangle now nearing the apex, all on decreasing volume - all signaling lowered volatility as the range may be playing out on the daily, one way or t'other.

Perhaps I'm too much of a novice at this, all too confused by the drawing of seemingly subjective lines in different directions, but as I look at the daily...

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hcour/vwp?.dir=/My+Documents&.dnm=QQQ+11-30.gif&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

...what I see is a series of higher highs and higher lows. Am I oversimplifying what seems to be apretty bullish chart?

Sandy
Sandy,

>> Am I oversimplifying what seems to be apretty bullish chart? <<

No, absolutely not. Simplification - yes, we're in a uptrend. Subjective? That's, well... it's all subjective, simple or no. Witness all of the tl's and interpretations of all the various charts on this board.

My chart is about cross-verification. I believe you can isolate each of those lines going in "different directions" (actually it's all in the same direction w/the same meaning - contracting volatility in an sharp uptrend) and they will hold up on their own. When you put them together, w/as much objectivity as one can muster in what can only ultimately be a subjective endeavor, using the "rules" as honestly as one understands them, then they will support one another. That actually helps to rule out subjectivity. I think I can say, using such and such criteria for Bollinger Bands and Channels and Horizontal S/R and PV, that they all objectively support my subjective opinion.

Sorry for not explaining well, I'm still sifting thru this myself...

Harold
No. of Recommendations: 2
Perhaps I'm too much of a novice at this, all too confused by the drawing of seemingly subjective lines in different directions,

:-))..My head has been spinning from information overload, sifting thru the last several hundred posts. Past experience of other learning experiences tell me that if I keep on stumbling along, that I will ( when least expected) experience that calm in the storm when the pieces fit together and exclaim "hmmm...that makes sense"...time to move on to the next storm...

still lurking

TT
My head has been spinning...

Crabby...I think you and I need to go off and start our own board: "Clueless TA".

;)

Sandy
No. of Recommendations: 7
Original Message

Subject: Re: QQQ Daily/Weekly
Author: SandyMack Date: 12/2/01 11:00 PM Number: 1792

...you and I need to go off and start our own board: "Clueless TA".

;)

Sandy

No, no, your're in the right place for clueless TA!

TAfool ;-)
No. of Recommendations: 0
..My head has been spinning from information overload.....

LOL.......Mine too!! :-)

One thing I've learned for myself is, that I won't use any TA in my trading, that I haven't really fully understood!!!

So I stick with my channels and BARR pattern, till it makes "click"!! ;-)
("If" it will someday...!! I'm not much of a intellectual!!)
So I may join you on the new board too!! ;-)

Janny
What's so complicated about my chart, guys? The only thing with which people on this board might be unfamiliar are BBs. The rest of the chart simply consists of a channel (parallel supply and demand trendlines), a pattern, pv, candlesticks, s/r - all of which have been discussed on this board extensively. Forget everything else and just look at the triangle. Forget everything else and just look at the horizontal resistance turned support. Just look at the uptrend line and the channel. Just look at the moving average. Just look at the candles & individual price w/volume. Now, let 'em all dance together. That's cross-verification. It's purty, dagnabit...

And volatility. As I've noted before, Kerr wrote 70 years ago that markets trend or range, and trends end or continue at ranges. MST espresses this as volatility and the trend-range axis. Expansion and contraction. Right now the QQQ is experiencing very low volatility after very high volatility. The patterns show us something *has* to happen soon. If we breakout or breakdown on expansion bars and good volume, a move here is strong. If volume is low on tight bars the move is questionable, it could be a fakeout or reverse, or we could contiune to range/meander for a while longer as the market decides what it wants to do.

Harold
Nothing cornfusing about your chart Harold, I think it looks great.

Totally agree with everything you've posted. In fact, you put it way better than I did especially when you say The patterns show us something *has* to happen soon. If we breakout or breakdown on expansion bars and good volume, a move here is strong.

Thats exactly what I was trying to say in my thread about the futures. To me, it seems we are right now - today - at a pivtol point on the charts, up prolly means the trend continues while down could mean the run is turning.

You cross verified my futures for me. :-)
Totally agree with everything you've posted. In fact, you put it way better than I did especially when you say The patterns show us something *has* to happen soon. If we breakout or breakdown on expansion bars and good volume, a move here is strong.

I don't see where any pattern shows something *has* to happen...I could see us moving between 38 and 40 for quite awhile. Too much indecision and uncertainty out there.

Schabacker's book shows several stocks that went sideways in a narrow range for months.

Jean

Jean,

I actually said:

>> The patterns show us something *has* to happen soon. If we breakout or breakdown on expansion bars and good volume, a move here is strong. If volume is low on tight bars the move is questionable, it could be a fakeout or reverse, or we could contiune to range/meander for a while longer as the market decides what it wants to do. <<

Please quote the whole argument if you're going to argue against it.

The triangle has to be completed soon. The conflict between the channel and the horizontal range must be resolve itself in the next couple of days. The BB's will meet price soon.

These patterns will complete, be it range or bo or bd, as I said, in the next few days.

Harold
Sorry Harold...I was quick to respond...and really the response was to Stevie's post. I hadn't caught the "we could continue to range/meander for a while longer"...

I guess maybe I'm too sensitive to "it *has* to do something, as I've watched some of my stocks stay in a very narrow range for ages.

The hard part is figuring out how to be in the right place at the right time.

Jean

Going for another coffee, it's still early out here in the west.

;-)
No. of Recommendations: 4
Sorry Harold...I was quick to respond...and really the response was to Stevie's post. I hadn't caught the "we could continue to range/meander for a while longer"...

You're absolutely right too jean - nothing *has* to happen.

Sorry if thats the way I came across because I know better. I guess I was a little over joyed when Harold said what I had hoped to say - only way better than I did.

It seemed to me that when I posted the stuff on the futures that I was put up against the wall by the bulls who would not hear of any possibility that there might be a change in the trend. In my mind, a trader should always be neutral, a bias one way or the other could mean losses of gains that are less than maximum ---(the boat that I am admitedly in because I looooove to short).

I know that it is just the format in which we communicate that makes it seem that way, so I was really happy when Harold was basically the only one who seemed open enough to also suggest that "something is going on here".......thats how I took his post and thats how I tried to present my post......but heck, I obviousely failed with my presentation because Bob even threw a quiz out there to show how crazy the notion was to even consider - or thats how it seemed to me at the time.

To me, it is not a matter of being right or wrong, it is a matter of learning. I could care less which way this rediculious market goes as long as I trade accordingly.

Whatever, any and all critisizm......shoot, any replies at all have thus far only helped me..........bring 'em on!!!!!!!!
Stevieoh,

>> It seemed to me that when I posted the stuff on the futures that I was put up against the wall by the bulls who would not hear of any possibility that there might be a change in the trend. In my mind, a trader should always be neutral, a bias one way or the other could mean losses of gains that are less than maximum ---(the boat that I am admitedly in because I looooove to short). <<

This board, most boards, the Motley Fool, in fact the American investor in general, is biased toward the bull. But that's a mistake for a trader.

Harold
<<when Harold was basically the only one who seemed open enough to also suggest that "something is going on here"..>>

I've cut down on non-bullish charts as interest in going the other way seems limited.

nic
>> It seemed to me that when I posted the stuff on the futures that I was put up against the wall by the bulls who would not hear of any possibility that there might be a change in the trend.

You must have misunderstood.
Jeff
No. of Recommendations: 7
"It seemed to me that when I posted the stuff on the futures that I was put up against the wall by the bulls who would not hear of any possibility that there might be a change in the trend"--stevieoh

My argument was with your premise, not your conclusion.

"I've cut down on non-bullish charts as interest in going the other way seems limited.

nic "

the "other way"?...there is only way....the right way. I believe the resistance to your short setups had more to do w/ the prevailing trend than a predisposition by the posters here to bullishness (btw, seems to be the bull/bear ratio here is as even as any board as I've seen). I imagine long setups would have been greeted w/ equal scepticism in august-sept.

--Castigs

This board, most boards, the Motley Fool, in fact the American investor in general, is biased toward the bull. But that's a mistake for a trader.

You'll have to excuse me for going with the trend of the last 8 weeks.
Jeff
>>> "I imagine long setups would have been greeted w/ equal scepticism in august-sept."

And they were especially when folks were tlaking about "patriotic buying" on this board. Maintain a bullish "bias" (i.e. net long positions)until the ST trend changes is neutral.

but JMHO!! ;-)

--Derek
Castigs,

<<the resistance to your short setups had more to do w/ the prevailing trend>>

I've explained that period, and I hope that was the situation.

nic
Jeff,

>> You'll have to excuse me for going with the trend of the last 8 weeks. <<

Not sure why you took this so personally, but the bullish bias here has been going on for a lot longer than the last 8 weeks, sir. Crimeny, where have you been?

Harold
Not sure why you took this so personally, but the bullish bias here has been going on for a lot longer than the last 8 weeks, sir. Crimeny, where have you been?

I went with the trend for the last 8 weeks. As for before that, I don't remember an especially bullish bias here. If there was one that isn't going to compel me to go against the trend now just because being bullish isn't real popular with some people. If this uptrend breaks down, I'll be bearish, I promise.

I could go back and find my charts for shorts but nah.
Jeff
>> If this uptrend breaks down, I'll be bearish, I promise. <<

Me, I'll be neither bearish or bullish, despite the trend...

Harold
"I imagine long setups would have been greeted w/ equal scepticism in august-sept."

>>And they were especially when folks were tlaking about "patriotic buying" on this board. Maintain a bullish "bias" (i.e. net long positions)until the ST trend changes is neutral. --Derek<<

And who are these "they" here?

We've seen the turn coming for many days. The extra bullish energy just kept the market run. When not sure of what's next, take it one day at a time and play your momentum tickers of the day. Go with the flow will make it easier though still not too hard to find some in another direction.
BTW, how is it one knows to switch from bullish to bearish? What's the turning point?

Harold
<<I'll be neither bearish or bullish>>

I'm still wondering when bearish charts might be appreciated. Does churning need to happen, or does the UTL have to be broken, perhaps a lower high, or maybe a 2B, or the breaking of a reaction low, or the 4th lower high...

nic
<<What's the turning point?>>

Hey, same thought.

nic
"I'm still wondering when bearish charts might be appreciated..."

personally I wouldn't equate "appreciated" w/ "agreed with"

--Castigs
No. of Recommendations: 5
" Does churning need to happen, or does the UTL have to be broken, perhaps a lower high, or maybe a 2B, or the breaking of a reaction low, or the 4th lower high..."

trend reversal signs are too numerous to list, but I think something has had to have happened (past tense) rather than looking for something that may happen (future)

--Castigs
<<trend reversal signs are too numerous to list, but I think something has had to have happened (past tense) rather than looking for something that may happen (future)>>

Agreed.

nic

BTW, how is it one knows to switch from bullish to bearish? What's the turning point?

For me breaking of this lower trendline (day old chart):
http://www.webdesigns1.com/mycharts/display.php?p=553&u=jeffo&a=Jeff's%20Charts&id=1
and breaking of QQQ 38 horizontal support, lower end of range we're in among many other things, market sentiment, volume on declines, how stocks react to news etc. so some tape reading type stuff thrown in there too. Decline today was on very low volume so still undecided. As stated in E&M I would assume the odds are with continuation when a trend (the intermediate uptrend here) consolidates. People have been trying to catch "the turn" early all the way up this rally. At some point they will say "I told you so" but until then I would prefer to go with the trend.
Jeff
>> Decline today was on very low volume so still undecided. <<

Yeah, um, me too.

Harold
but until then I would prefer to go with the trend.

starting at 11/14 there are no trend.

trend reversal take time while distribution take place.
since 11/14 from 11 trading days (not including Friday 1/2 day)
5 distribution days.This should mean something .
Mike
trend reversal take time while distribution take place.
since 11/14 from 11 trading days (not including Friday 1/2 day)
5 distribution days.This should mean something .

For now it means consolidation. I don't see a reversal yet do you?
Jeff
when you will see $38 ( QQQ) on the tape then all kind fun will start after thet will see direction of least resistance

Mike
>> http://images.thestreet.com/funds/gbs/2065.gif <<

Wow. Looks a lot like my weekly I just posted. Who's zooming who?

You go, girl...

Bull/Bear - F*ck it. We're well below the 200d ema, in a long term dt. That's definitive enough for moi.

Harold
isn't TA wonderful!!!!
same picture but different eyes looking at it.

RayR
<<personally I wouldn't equate "appreciated" w/ "agreed with">>

I don't equate them either. If I post and most agree with me I know the trend is ending. I prefer appreciation from those with some experience.

nic
Says one: If this uptrend breaks down, I'll be bearish, I promise.

Says the other: Me, I'll be neither bearish or bullish, despite the trend...

Hey! What is this? Philosophy? Semantics? Why the disagreement? I though this was a TA forum, not an exchange of feelings.

Sandy
Says a third: Why the disagreement? I though this was a TA forum

Because it is a TA forum. It's all about intepretation... Do you know someone w/the definitive answers?

Harold
Do you know someone w/the definitive answers?

My point, zakly...we exchange opinions, but "right" and "wrong" don't belong in the conversation.

Sandy
Says one: If this uptrend breaks down, I'll be bearish, I promise.

Says the other: Me, I'll be neither bearish or bullish, despite the trend...

Says the third: Why the disagreement? I though this was a TA forum

Says the fourth: Because it is a TA forum. It's all about intepretation... Do you know someone w/the definitive answers?

Yup, this is a TA forum. TA is kinda of a mixture of art and science, though more on the science side. However, the application of TA is more on the art side. Sister Wendy does very well on the interpretation of art. Who is the one here like her? ...... Maybe more than one ......

Name your top choice, whether s/he is here or not.....

People have been trying to catch "the turn" early all the way up this rally. At some point they will say "I told you so" but until then I would prefer to go with the trend.
Jeff

Not to say.....I told you so!!!!! ;-)

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=16155456
(please read the message in the message and so on, to understand the whole meaning of my post)

trend reversal signs are too numerous to list, but I think something has had to have happened (past tense) rather than looking for something that may happen (future)

I know you all don't like my "predicting", but too often by studying the charts I've seen movements repeted!!

So if you look at the things that "have happened", you "may" see what can happen in the future!!

JMHO

Janny
http://www.webdesigns1.com/mycharts/display.php?p=578&u=derek&a=Derek's%20Charts&id=4

nice chart, stevie...uh huh....pick one.

:-)

--Derek

I did pick one, since it broke uptrend support, it made more sence to me to show the bearish pattern rather than a bullish one.
>> My point, zakly...we exchange opinions, but "right" and "wrong" don't belong in the conversation. <<

I'm down with that, guy.

Harold
>>> "I did pick one, since it broke uptrend support, it made more sence to me to show the bearish pattern rather than a bullish one."

Really? When trendlines are broken, the result is consolidation (sideways movement) more often than immediate reversal. Consolidation resolves itself more often in continuation of the trend that preceded it than in reversal. Seems to me that as long as we are moving sideways in a range, and in fact the longer we move sideways, a presumption of upward resolution makes more sense...

--Derek
Do you know someone w/the definitive answers?

My point, zakly...we exchange opinions, but "right" and "wrong" don't belong in the conversation.

Sandy

I agree--but some people get passionate about their interpretation. Also people's timeframes are all different. One's uptrend is another's rally in a downtrend.

Eric

Sandy

Too bad I couldn't rec this more than once.

Jean
>>> "I did pick one, since it broke uptrend support, it made more sence to me to show the bearish pattern rather than a bullish one."

Really? When trendlines are broken, the result is consolidation (sideways movement) more often than immediate reversal. Consolidation resolves itself more often in continuation of the trend that preceded it than in reversal. Seems to me that as long as we are moving sideways in a range, and in fact the longer we move sideways, a presumption of upward resolution makes more sense...

--Derek

See, I'm learning all the time. I thought that when the trendline was broke, it was an indication that the trend has weakend - not confirmed continuation of the trend.

The chart I posted never said anything about "immediate reversal", what I did suggest was that the change of trend may be gradual rather than abrupt.

>> See, I'm learning all the time. I thought that when the trendline was broke, it was an indication that the trend has weakend - not confirmed continuation of the trend. <<

Ha. Good one Steve. You clever boy.

Harold
>> in fact the longer we move sideways, a presumption of upward resolution makes more sense <<

Why is this so? I thought that I had read somewhere that shorter consolidations favored continuation of the prior move, while longer consolidations were more suggestive of an impending reversal. I think that Teresa Lo likes to see "rest periods" of less than 6 bars in a trend to show that the trend is still strong. I believe that longer rest periods are considered dangerous to the health of the trend (Nic - help me out here if I'm not conveying "Lo-ism" properly). The psychological affects of long vs short consolidations on the Market are not obvious to me. Anyone else have an opinion or some book knowledge to impart?

Robert

I thought that I had read somewhere that shorter consolidations favored continuation of the prior move, while longer consolidations were more suggestive of an impending reversal.

Just an opinion...but it would seem to me that Traders would tend to leave a stock if the sideways movement continued for very long to move on to better pastures...the result could then be a reversal.

I've nothing to back up my opinion tho'

Jean
>>> "Why is this so? I thought that I had read somewhere that shorter consolidations favored continuation of the prior move, while longer consolidations were more suggestive of an impending reversal."

My view here is that the more overbought the market is, the longer you need to consolidate without breaking down to work off that condition. I would feel much better about a continuation move in the current market if we can do a little more work in this range first.

Of course, this is just me talking...no backup from historical evidence or authoritative texts. Perhaps those with more experience than I can chime in here and set the record straight...

--Derek
while longer consolidations were more suggestive of an impending reversal.

I haven't read this. Many times longer consolidations will produce more powerful breakouts/breakdowns in the direction of the trend.

According to E&M if a triangle gets near it's apex it may just continue to consolidate and not move much for a while. But that's a different issue.
Jeff
in my experience, shorter consolidation periods probably do have a greater degree of reliability in resolving to the upside, however I have also found the the longer consolidations tend to lead to more sustainable moves.

--Castigs
Robert,

<<Lo likes to see "rest periods" of less than 6 bars in a trend to show that the trend is still strong>>

I know of several sources that state the pullback shouldn't take more than 6-7 bars, including Pristine, Farley, and Lo. If it goes on longer, Lo prefers to wait for a b/o from the new consolidation, as the chances of resuming the trend have decreased significantly until that happens.

nic
Ah, the ebb and flow of volatility. A unique charting tool. On the daily, last week I noted that the st lower volatility seemed to be coming to a head due to a confluence of several patterns - Fri an NR7/doji, the symmetrical triangle, the contracting BB's, declining volume, the flattening ma's, and the inevitable resolution of the conflict between the uptrend line (channel demand line) and the extended range.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hcour/vwp?.dir=/My+Documents&.dnm=QQQ+Daily+12-07.gif&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

Monday found support at the triangle, the rising center band, and the bottom of the range. Tues an expansion bar on strong volume out of the triangle and the top of the range, finding support at the center band, the 10d ema, and the bottom of the range, closing back into the channel. Wed another expansion bar on very strong volume, gapping thru the 11/27 high of the range, with the outer bands turning out on the sharp volatility, but closing well outside of the upper band. (No matter how bullish one is, I don't think this market has enough momentum to stay outside of that top band for very long, that takes real internal strength and if one looks at the whole ut, that band has held.) Thurs a doji, res at the previous high, lower volume. Fri the top of the gap and the demand channel line hold support, the channel harmonic and the top band acting as resistance. Fri's down day (on bad news) remains w/in the lower channel area, support at the top of the gap, resistance at the harmonic & the upper band, closing well off the low. So we continue in an uptrending channel, but we remain struggling at the bottom area of that channel. This is a market fighting for every inch.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hcour/vwp?.dir=/My+Documents&.dnm=QQQ+Weekly+12-07.gif&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

On the weekly, the ut line was challenged but remains intact, but right now we are near the bottom of the 3/16 hidden gap. This gap area (red lines) could represent some wicked s/r. From March thru August this gap acted as either s/r or a pivot point on no less than 20 bars (w/49 as resistance at the very top of the range) on very heavy volume - that's on the weekly! This range also represents significant s/r even farther back, during the bull market. That's a lot of congestion to overcome. If the ut continues, one would suspect we'll range again in this same area for a while. A break above 49 that holds will be significant. I've also included some other longer-term s/r lines in this chart.

Harold
In a st down channel, nicely defined, as TA illustrated w/his intraday. Also a st descending triangle bd on a hidden echo gap from the 12/6 high.

The longer-term ut channel demand line is breached, baby. As has been pointed out here, and this is pure Farley, a tl break does not neccessarily end the trend, it signals congestion first, which despite the obvious st dt and break of latest horz support, is what we have right now. So far we've closed at the middle of the 12/4 long white candle breakout. This area can act as s/r. We're also right at the top of that 11/13 - 12/03 long range, as one can see by the extended horz tl, corresponding w/the bottom of the the now flat middle BB. The echo gaps, corresponding pretty much w/the top of this range and the bottom of the bo range, would make a good intraday s/r target for the upside. A breakdown below the 11/13 range could be nasty, as the 50d ema (white line) approaches.

As far as retracements we're currently sitting at the 23% Fib line. Very shallow. Volume during this pullback thus far has remained just or below average.

On the weekly we've broken the ut line barely, and held horz support at 40ish. But there's still all that overhead congestion...

Harold

I don't know if anyone else is having trouble with trend-lines but I certainly am. Your chart suggests a break but I'm not so sure. If you consider the period from Sept 17 to Oct 10 as an island reversal the parallel channel lines drawn after Oct 10 on the QQQ, NDZ and Naz seem to make more sense. They mirror the DTL from April to August and Friday's action shows that we are at a pivot point. Farley states the DTL's and UTL's tend to follow the same slope. Furthermore if you consider the rally from the congestion period between Nov 19 to the b/o on 12/5, with the 11/21 low to the recent high we have bounced off the 62R at least for the Naz. The SPX is very much the same.
If you don't accept this scenario then it looks like we're into some nasty wedges and your bearish scenario seems the more likely. It seems the answer to this dilemma should come in the next couple of days. Either a Santa Claus rally or a retest of earlier October lows. I'm not sure how to post charts here and will assume most have some form of charting programs.
Opinions anyone as I am still trying to learn this stuff. By the way, has anyone else here noted how well the 17 day has provided support for many tech stocks. Look at it on the QQQ.
Tom
Tom,

Just post a chart anywhere and provide a link.

Verrrry interesting. I see your channel line and it's a nice one. Just from another starting point. I'm not sure which makes more sense. Mine starts at the bottom of this uptrend, your's later w/in it. Judge for thyself. They both seem valid. But you've got me thinking...

I agree time will tell us in the next few days as the charting landscape converges or diverges.

And I'm neither bearish nor bullish. I'm only reporting what I see. My ut line has been broken and I'm waiting to see how horz s/r from the last range will react.

Harold
I'm not sure how to post charts here and will assume most have some form of charting programs.

I just use stockcharts or big charts.

With stock charts you can use the annotate chart feature and then copy it to the clip board and paste it to Paint and save the file as a gif, then up load it to yahoo, if you have an accout or My Charts at Jeff's web site.

Here's the link, you have to register to post charts, but not to look at others, I think.

http://www.webdesigns1.com/mycharts/index.php

Using big charts, interactive charting, I just right click on the chart and click paste. Open Paint and paste, draw my trend lines, save the file as a gif, and upload. (the copy won't work with Java charts, for me anyway.)

Here's a link to Janny's charts at Yahoo, if you don't have an account it's easy to set one up. All the stuff I mentioned is Free, BTW.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/jgruenig/lst?.dir=/Chart%27s&.view=l

Here's a link to nic's charts.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/nichola4/lst?.dir=/Nic%27s&.order=&.view=l&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/nichola4/lst%3f%26.dir=/%26.src=ph%26.view=l

I save the links to thier charts in my favorites so I can keep an eye on what they're doing <g>. Also so I can review, there are lots of lessons in their charts I think!

I save links to almost everyones charts that post here, I just picked those 2 as samples.

Jean