Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Scrim, Flabbergasted would be my response to your statement, though I too shared your sentiments initially. The 4 for 1 stock split, $1,000 price target and me not having any! Well I have over the last few months spent so much time reading the S.I., THE MANUAL and other sources that my eyes burn and I have big calluses on my derriere. And I am convinced that the Q is one of the best investments out there. I invest only(well a little dabbling in speculative plays i.e. STFZF,ISCO) in G&K stocks.
Take a look at these numbers:
Stock PEG P/S
RMBS 7.3 175
CREE 6.05 80
SEBL 5.2 36
GMST 3.8 74
QCOM 3.66 22
MSFT 2.3 20
INTC 2.1 13

I still do not think that the market understands Q and look forward to excellent returns over the next five years. I realize there are uncertainties about their oppurtunities(CHINA) but their penetration in markets such as the U.S., Europe and elsewhere is in its infancy IMHO. As LindyBill over on the SI thread (one very smart dude, who along with our Mike Buckley touted
To: Mike Buckley who wrote (836)
Respond to Post # 837 of 19487

Exactly. The details are in the agreement.
I just talked to my son-in-law, who works with the Patient Attorneys at Qualcomm, and he tells me that Qualcomm basicly won on this deal. They licenced to, and now get paid by, Ericson for the CDMA technology, and sold to the manufacturing plant for the phones, that was losing them money, to Ericson, who had no expertise or plant to make the phones. As far as I can see, this now makes CDMA the world standard.

This is probably the best emerging Gorilla we will see this decade, IMO.

The only downside in short term investment is the heavy Asian exposure. The stock will be subject to sharp moves based on what the Chinese Army does, for instance! But long term, we have an MSFT! You will not be able now to get around their Patients.
Happy investing,

Tripperd2 (who finally came to his senses and bought Q )
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.