No. of Recommendations: 1
Well the credit unions merged today. (relief)

Car debt =$4310 pmt $113.00 biweekly pmt @4.24% Been paying $219.29.
Stock loan=$491 pmt $28.40 biweekly pmt @3.12% Been paying $29.
Ax debt =$32 Been paying in full.
Chase Freedom Visa= $0
High Deductable Savings Account balance=$1368.
Stock brokerage Balance = $19,471.
Efund=$52.00
Savings account balance=$45
Checking=$45

I took out a new loan for $1000 1 month ago to consolidate some debt that I racked up by getting new tires on the car as the old tires about blew up on the 101 and debt I accumulated.

cc debt secure loan =$821 biweekly pmt $28.44 @3.25% 18 mth repay. Been paying $29.00.

The new concerns are as follows: Any secure loan on cd length of loan may not be longer than I have the cd. New rate would be 2% + div rate Max term 2 years biweekly.

Any car loan can't be upside down like I had they won't take the loan!

The president of the old CU did did explain the circumstances and extended my cds so that they conform to their loan standards. (I guess I got lucky they didn't call me on the phone and demand full repays immediately.)

My uncle died this week in Bullhead City, AZ I told my parents I just can't go I get financially in trouble as it is I just barely get thru the two week period. I don't want to pay for a hotel room, meals, gas etc.

Production has been improving with me and errors are getting better for me.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
My uncle died this week in Bullhead City, AZ I told my parents I just can't go...I don't want to pay for a hotel room, meals, gas etc.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Is there any way you could make the trip for free or cheap? For example, someone who could give you a lift to Bullhead City and/or put you up once you got there? Could you share a hotel room with other family? Could you survive on food and beverages from home for a few days? E.g., DH & I just took a 2-day drive, eating cheese, crackers & veggie sticks the first day, GORP & apples the second day, and drinking water from our insulated steel water bottles.
No. of Recommendations: 1
<<My uncle died this week in Bullhead City, AZ I told my parents I just can't go I get financially in trouble as it is I just barely get thru the two week period. I don't want to pay for a hotel room, meals, gas etc.>>

That's easy. You aren't obligated to go.

I would be unlikely to travel to Bullhead City for ANY reason...

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 10
My uncle died this week in Bullhead City, AZ I told my parents I just can't go...I don't want to pay for a hotel room, meals, gas etc.

Is there any way you could make the trip for free or cheap?...

Assuming he wasn't particularly close to his uncle, I wouldn't encourage the trip. If it's important enough to his parents that he attend, they'll volunteer to cover his expenses. Otherwise, send Auntie a thoughtfully worded condolence note, done.
No. of Recommendations: 2
There is no requirement to attend funerals. It is a time to see relatives that you haven't seen in a long time and may not live to see again. I was surprised that my cousin drove 3 hours (one way) to attend my father's visitation. Their daughter wedding's was a couple day earlier and I didn't believe that they would be able to attend.

If it was important to you, you have the money in the brokerage account. Your decision is that it isn't worth the cost to attend and that is okay.

Send a condolance card and possibly flowers. The cost of flowers could be shared with your parents. If you know your aunt well enough a call would be nice.