Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
What is it about hanging out in a hospital that makes a person hungry ALL THE TIME.

Naturally, there is no food worth eating anywhere in any building. I went out for some Panera a while ago, but now I am sort of hungry again!

d

of the rumbly tummy.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
What is it about hanging out in a hospital that makes a person hungry ALL THE TIME.

You are under stress, probably a touch bored, and using a lot more energy than you think taking care of everything that needs to be taken care of.

That said, I think hospital food is made of negative calories, like ballpark food is. You eat something, and it makes you hungrier. Think about it - ever had *just* a hot dog at the game? Not me! It's a hot dog, then some nachos, and POPCORN OH I LOVE POPCORN is that fries you have there?

impolite
No. of Recommendations: 0

I think stress is contributing to the feeling of wanting to eat.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I think stress is contributing to the feeling of wanting to eat.

I could go with both what you and impolite said - stress plus taking care of things requires more energy than I would think. I also think I am dehydrated because I've been mainlining Diet Coke. I have been drinking tons of water trying to fix that problem tonight.

I finally got some Thai food tonight - red curry duck and some crab rangoon. YUMMY.