Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Question: if the Oracle and the Architect (who both designed the Matrix) intended the One to go back to the source and if Neo needs the KeyMaker to do that, then why did the agents (a.k.a. the Matrix) chase them on the highway and did they try to kill the KeyMaker?

Perhaps the agents have simple programming: kill humans. Maybe they can't get past that. And/or, maybe the Architect knew the One must be thoroughly convinced that he is not supposed to get to the Source in order to be motivated to get there. If the agents let up and didn't interfere with his attempts, he'd become suspicious.

But why was he surprised at his wife's behavior? It must have been a repeat performance after all.

This is a common mistake i've seen people make. The assumption is that every scenario of the One going to the Source plays out exactly the same. I don't think that has to be the case. The journey of the One to the Source is probably very different from version to version.

Question: why is the Architect intrigued by the focus of Neo's love on one person (Trinity), instead of being alarmed by it? (Since his focus will lead him more probably to chose for Trinity than for the human race.) Why is he not alarmed or surprised when Neo goes back to the Matrix instead of to the source? He rather looks 'amused' by the turn of events, as if he had anticipated Neo's choice.

I'm going to guess "hubris." He always feels he is entirely in control. He does, after all, represent a god of sorts. For all intents and purposes, he created the world. He has manipulated the One into doing his bidding every other time; he believes he can make things fall into place yet again, even if the plan isn't perfectly adhered to.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.