Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't really know a lot about this fund and sector, and just curious what people thought of this fund...SOXX. A friend asked me about it, and about investing in general. When people ask me about ideas for investing, I normally go through core investments first before stocks. Normally, my bias is toward S&P funds and the QQQ. However, I don't want to dismiss his interests, which center more on something covered by this fund. So just throwing this out there to the board...I looked at the past performance, seems pretty good, even compared to the S&P. Obviously none of us know the future, and the decision is his ultimately not mine, but I'm thinking of telling him to go for this one if he so choose after his own research. Decent choice?
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.