Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am trying to self-publish some of my material on CreateSpace and the Kindle platform. It is so confusing and daunting -- to me, at least -- that it has taken me quite a long time to get to the point where I want to start the process finally (and by that I mean I just entered the required tax info!).

I have a story that I want to use as a test. I think it is like 8500 words long. I want to put it on the platform to see how it works. So, a couple of questions.

After I put the story up, can I then take it down if I want?

I don't have a Kindle, but can I see how the story looks first (i.e., how people will see it if they do actually download it) before I press publish? I assume I can with the Kindle for Windows app.

What's this I hear about formatting? Can't I just upload a Word file and let the Kindle site take care of the rest?

Do I need a cover? What about a copyright page?

Thanks in advance for any help...
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.