No. of Recommendations: 3
quick guide to what I've seen - again, meant to generate your trips thru memory lane; feedback requested

ST OS - really was amazing and scripts are incredible considering time pressures involved
ST NG - first two years virtually unwatchable but finally hit the stride
ST DS9 - moving hard by year 2, just loved these characters
ST Voyager - good stuff here and there, but got tiresome
ST Enterprise - thought it was a complete bust w/Space Nazi's before some good ones in S4 but too little too late
ST Discovery - not ST; you can like it as long as you remember that, with great special effects but characters are not equipped with any brains

Babylon 5 - wish they had more money for it
Battlestar G - original a kiddie show; a miracle the new version was as insanely involving as it was, but it was very depressing throughout
Lost - pure candy, and insanely watchable
Logan's Run - short-run series and typical 70s TV
Planet of Apes - better than I remembered with overacting but some solid scripts
Continuum - I could only take 2 of 4 years
Outer Limits Original - it was amazing, incredible first time out
Twilight Zone - multiple versions - the 80s version is pretty solid though they can't make it blu-ray quality
Outer Limits New - better than you think, with some solid episodes that I really liked
Ray Bradbury Theater - almost unwatchable, they have almost no budget
Doctor Who - personal choice as to what you want to see - loved David Tennant, HATED the newest ones
Space 1999 - man, did i love those Eagle ships, but it truly sucks to a degree that gives sucking a bad name - best part was waiting for 'Computer'
Lost in Space - early one was a kiddie show about a family, newer one is a kiddie show with absolutely miserable people and the main message that 'marriage is fake' by deeply unhappy showrunners and script writers
Orville - I can't watch it - too painful
Firefly - had a lot of potential and too short a run but worth seeing and worthy of the acclaim it got
Farscape - A lot of A+++ episodes and a parade of F-- ones too, could be infuriating at times but one of the few science-fiction series I've ever seen with fully realized BIZARRE aliens
Buck Rogers - hey, if you like Mel Blanc....
Andromeda - one of the weird shows where it goes from solid to bad over 5 years
Sliders - similar to above, was interesting for a while but fell apart over time
Black Mirror and anything on Netflix - can't watch with kids; nudity for nudity sake and language for language sake
Lexx - a friend told me this was his favorite sci-fi of all time but no idea why cause....gives science-fiction a bad name IMO
Land of the Lost - kiddie show but I loved it as a kid
Stargate - 10 years of jolly good fun - be sure to see the movies! Even was good in Seasons 9 and 10
Stargate Atlantis - to bad it only lasted 5 years but the villains were creepy and I just didn't like them
Stargate Universe - they emote - A LOT
Eureka - a guilty pleasure but they lost a lot of the threads and eventually there was an episode which was a glorified car commerical
Expanse - I stopped watching middle of season 2

help from this which is perhaps overly influenced by people under 20
http://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/best-sci-fi-tv-sho...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.