Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I have used Quicken for many years and do all my financial "stuff" on it. My DH hit 70 1/2 this year, and I have figured out how to move RMDs around between accounts correctly in Quicken so that they appear as taxable income for the year on the tax reports. I am using the Bucketing strategy to manage my retirement funds, so I move RMDs and interest/dividends from non-retirement accounts into a savings account, from which I need to take 1/12th of my annual draw to pay daily expenses.

Where I get into trouble is moving that monthly "paycheck" from savings into my checking account to pay the bills. I want to track my YTD income vs expenses, both actual and budgeted, on a monthly basis. I do this with the built-in "Current Budget" report. I can't show all transfers for my savings account in this report because I will get transactions which are not withdrawals for spending. What I seem to need is the ability to assign an Income category to the withdrawal, but I have to put the checking account in the category field in order to record the transfer.

Has anyone had this problem and figured out a solution?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hey MQ,

I would suggest posting your question on the following TMF board.
http://boards.fool.com/mastering-quicken-113641.aspx?mid=308...
There are some very knowledgeable Quicken users there.

Good luck.

Rich
Arizona
I'd like to addd Mastering Quicken to my favorite boards, but don't find a way to do it. I can't find the category in the list of boards I can select.

db
No. of Recommendations: 2
If you want to add a board to your favorites, just click on any post on that board, and then click on the heart + checkmark right after the name of the board.

culcha
Thanks, culcha. It worked.

db