Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Quicken Support (in my opinion) has gone downhill big time. I've been trying to work an issue with their support folks for over a week and have been having lots of problems communicating.

- I have typed in an epistle to Mathew and Luke in CHAT MODE. By the way CHAT MODE sucks a big one.

- Quicken's support line at 650-250-1900 did not work all last week (all being Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday nor Friday). A recording comes on saying they have Network Issues. Sure wish they would get their "Network Issues" fixed.

- After my last encounter with CHAT MODE I now have what appears to be well over 20 years of data duplicated in my check register.

This all started around October or November when someone wrote a fraudulent check against our checking account. I immediately called Wells Fargo and advised them of the situation. They cancelled our checking account and issued us a new account number.

Quicken was happy with the new account number and off we went. In the meantime when I logged on to check my account with WF (on a daily basis) I would get a message that said the old account detail would be available for 90 days.

About a week or so ago Quicken got tired of seeing this message and said I needed to do something about it (the old account).

I've got this thing so screwed up I don't think I'll ever recover.

Luckily I do a weekly backup to a thumb drive and I'm saving it until I figure this out. I restored last week but now it's a mess.

Also to the guy/girl that wrote a fraudulent check against our account I hope your remaining days on Earth or full of misfortune (I could use some stronger words but there may be some youngsters reading this). Your actions have caused us a lot of extra work and worry. We have had to:

- Order new checks
- Provide SSA with new routing/account number for both wife and I.
- Inform insurance company for home and auto insurance.
- Inform gas company.
- Inform electric company.
- Inform life insurance company.
- Inform water company.
- Inform various IRA providers also provide voided check.
- Inform Fidelity.
- Inform Express-Scripts.
- Hope to hell you haven't forgotten anyone.
- Try to get help from Quicken Support.

Other than that I was having a good weekend until I did my weekly with Quicken.

Regards,

ImAGolfer (retired '03)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.