No. of Recommendations: 0
I presently use the treasury BOND WIZARD to track my EE and I bonds, the question I have is - can quicken download or import the latest values / rates into the quicken account (like downloading stock prices but this would be done only semi-annually when interest rates are set ) ? More than a handful of bonds, it takes a long time to update by hand.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
If it can, I haven't found a way to do it.

Like you I use Bond Wizard to track my Bonds; also like you, I have to manually adjust Quicken for every new bond purchased (2 a month) and for the interest accruals. The thing I dislike about the bond wizard is that it's not possible to break out when the interest payments are actually accrued; it simply adds it to the grand total. I know they are periodic, and I know the approximate dates, I suppose I'm just to anal about it for my own good. )

Anyway, again, I've not found a way for Quicken to download this info.

No. of Recommendations: 1
This is what I do. Rather than keep track of the interest individually in Quicken, I just enter each bond purchase, and then use savings bond wizard to tell me the total interest I would earn if I were to cash in all my bonds. Then I enter this as "interest earned" for the current month, of all bonds in aggregate. This allows me to see the total return for all the bonds in Quicken, and get a feel for my net worth. But I just use SBW to see the breakdowns when I want. This way I only update one value each month.

For example, once the month ends, I delete the $100.29 interest (for all the bonds) from the previous month, and make a new entry for $103.12 for this new month, rather than adding $3 in new interest.