No. of Recommendations: 1
Quill,

Had an opportunity in the afternoon to get on the computer and play at Stockchart.

Followed your protocol and things went smoothly. All the scans were transferred.

Question. Why do the scans come back with the default style chart i.e., 250/200 MA, RSI 14, and MACD 12,26,9 instead of the ema 20/200, CCI 14 and the MACD 12,26,18?

Also when you remove "//" and the list "tightens up" I realize that the number of stocks decreases but by what metric? Could you shed some light here?

Is it possible to combine the scans to produce a list of stocks that are at the confluence of Price line at or just below the 20 ema, CCI 14 crossing the zero line or moving off -100, and the MACD line crossing the signal line? I know I am missing something here.

Is there a method to whittle down the stocks produced from the scans down to a select few? Do you use some additional filter to arrive at the stocks you finally choose to invest in?

Sorry for the long and probably difficult questions. Any help here is welcomed.

Mike
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.